Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

'80 Bronco

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I finally finished something and found a camera!

Thanks, JTalmage (ps I still need to find a box for your hotrod parts o__O)

Whilst taking these pictures, the removable top took a leaper off the table and the window fell out, hence the last picture.

This was also my first time doing plug wires. I used small electrical wire stripped and rebraided, then painted green.

Posted · Report post

From what I can see, it look pretty nice.

Scott

Posted · Report post

Looks great from here! Shame the window fell out, but oh well.. Did you weather the engine bay and did you put on a air cleaner or is it just the carb?

Posted · Report post

I weathered the whole frame with black wash along with the engine and engine bay. The engine bay is actually white but just super heavily washed over. I think I did at least 20 washes of thin black wash XD
Yes, there is an air cleaner, but I lost it in my tabletop cleaning sesh.

Posted · Report post

Real hard to see with blurry pics..

Posted · Report post

I know. Crappy camera.

I have a lot of stuff to spend cash on. Stereo gear, model cars, cameras, guitars, old computers.... GAH!!

Posted · Report post

Very cool!! Glad to see it finished!

I know what you mean on having other stuff to spend cash on.... guitars are a weakness here too... I cant play very well.. but I somehow have 7 guitars.

Posted · Report post

We've got a few guitars. A Squier Strat that ain't special, a new Tele body, a Jay Turser Custom SG, BC Rich Revenge, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Custom, and a bunch of acoustics, including a gorgeous Epiphone 12-string with the head broken off at the neck :( Gibson won't replace it, either.

Posted · Report post

That sucks on the 12 string....

I've got a 2012 Gibson Les Paul 60's tribute (faded black, I added black pickup covers, toggle coin, switch tip, black metal input jack square, and had a custom all black pick guard made for it) AND got it signed by Unknown Hinson (look him up, he's a riot!)

Just got (for free) a Squire Bullet (basically a fender strat) in blue w/ white pick guard and mahogany fretboard, cleaned it up and it plays great.

Also have an old 70's Epiphone ET-275, similar to the wilshire body. It's sunburst, I also have a twin for it in black.

an old acoustic by grandpa used to play, of unknown name. It's ruined from being in a moist environment.

Also, my fav... a late 40's Gibson ES-150 electric acoustic. Freaking sweet guitar.

Lastly an old chinese kit guitar that my dad put together in the 60s or 70s.

I HAD an offbrand 4string bass that looked like a fender jazz bass, but wasnt a fender. Sold that.

Like I said, I cant play real well, and dont expect ever to be able to, but guitars are beautiful.

Posted · Report post

That ES-150.... looked up pictures of one. Geez, I love guitars like that.

Posted · Report post

Hard to comment on bad pictures. If you want to post, you need a good camera. Forget the other goodies and get one.

Posted · Report post

I guess I forgot to mention I'm 16 years old and get $20 a month XD
I can get a job though, and I suppose I should.

Posted · Report post

I guess I forgot to mention I'm 16 years old and get $20 a month XD

I can get a job though, and I suppose I should.

Yep. At 12 I had a paper route, had one till I was 15, then worked at the egg processing plant in town till a few months before graduation, then pumped gas till I found full time work.