Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hlj.com just sent an email last night from japan model and hobby show of new tamiya and aoshima releases coming soon. Didn't see specific dates so could be late this year or early next.

14 new cars and trucks a cool looking nissan sunny truck.

1 racing mclaren f1

Hlj.com just sent an email last night from japan model and hobby show of new tamiya and aoshima releases coming soon. Didn't see specific dates so could be late this year or early next.

14 new cars and trucks a cool looking nissan sunny truck.

1 racing mclaren f1

The only actual new tooled kit as of right now is the Nissan Sunny from Hasegawa, everything else is all reissues or modified reissues , Aoshima and Tamiya, Fujimi have not announced any new tools yet.

But none of the kits have anything to do with2015, these are all kits for the rest of 2014.

Better yet, check out the Stash Report Video from my good friend James

Edited by martinfan5

Holy Christ my head is huge the way this forum displays that video link. I had been meaning to post about the new video series I'm doing in the appropriate section, so thanks to Jonathan for the unsolicited plug.

Aoshima has a new super car coming out in the 1Q of 2015...and that's all I can tell you about it. But there, THAT's some legit 2015 news.

The above referenced kits for the All Japan Toy & Hobby Show have tentative 4Q 2014 releases (Oct-Dec).

Edited by niteowl7710

I suspect 2015 will see a mix of reissues, modified reissues, and new tools.

That's one of the most sensible posts I have seen on this forum. Some kits will be good and some will be... not good. Let's hope for more of the former.

Edited by johnbuzzed

Holy Christ my head is huge the way this forum displays that video link. I had been meaning to post about the new video series I'm doing in the appropriate section, so thanks to Jonathan for the unsolicited plug.

Aoshima has a new super car coming out in the 1Q of 2015...and that's all I can tell you about it. But there, THAT's some legit 2015 news.

The above referenced kits for the All Japan Toy & Hobby Show have tentative 4Q 2014 releases (Oct-Dec).

For Aoshima, I'm thinking LaFerrari, McLaren P1 or Porsche 918........

Ben

Some 2014 announcements will likely spill into 2015, such as some Moebius and Revell. The All Japan Hobby and Model Show has some pre-announcements, but all are showing 4th Qtr 2014 release dates. Round2, like Revell, is going through 2014.

I will be interviewing Revell before IHOBBY and doing IHOBBY for MCM. Whether there is info to share on 2015 upcoming remains to be seen.

Edited by Exotics_Builder

Hare Krisna my head is huge the way this forum displays that video link. I had been meaning to post about the new video series I'm doing in the appropriate section, so thanks to Jonathan for the unsolicited plug.

For Aoshima, I'm thinking LaFerrari, McLaren P1 or Porsche 918........

Ben

I don't think Aoshima has a Ferrari license. But they'll probably do another Lambo. I still bet with Tamiya releasing a 918.

Agree with Frank, I am pretty sure as well that Aoshima does not have licensing for either Ferrari or Porsche , so you can bet that we will see another Lambo , and infact, Aoshima has posted a picture of it of their next super car that James mentioned.

If there are going to be any new Ferrari's or Porsche's coming , it will be from either Fujimi or Tamiya.

Edited by martinfan5

Agree with Frank, I am pretty sure as well that Aoshima does not have licensing for either Ferrari or Porsche , so you can bet that we will see another Lambo , and infact, Aoshima has posted a picture of it of their next super car that James mentioned.

If there are going to be any new Ferrari's or Porsche's coming , it will be from either Fujimi or Tamiya.

Yeah, the La Ferrari is old news now that Tamiya and Revell have both done it.. Porsche 918, McLaren P1 or Lambo Hurrican would be most likely..though I'd like to see something out of left field like the Pagani Huayra

Yeah, the La Ferrari is old news now that Tamiya and Revell have both done it.. Porsche 918, McLaren P1 or Lambo Hurrican would be most likely..though I'd like to see something out of left field like the Pagani Huayra

put me down for all of them please ;):D , some of us were discussing what subject is going to be next year from Aoshima, and it very well could be the Hurrican, I see a lot of interest as well for the Huayra on other forums, but something tells me we wont see it, but I dont know very much :lol:

P1. Probably Huracan street and race too.

Tam prob doing the 918. Really nice Welly DC out there for $14-20, and a Chinese RRC car that isn't bad for $8 at Tuesday morning to slam on shelf.

Yes, the Chinese RC bodies are OK, but the interiors are a NO. If you can get them cheap, and don't care about details, these are for you.

Yes, the Chinese RC bodies are OK, but the interiors are a NO. If you can get them cheap, and don't care about details, these are for you.

Don't sell the cheap Chinese RC 918 short. It is a very well detailed car with a detailed interior, including dash gauges. You can see the brake calipers through the wheel spokes (unfortunately they spin with the wheel). It is almost indistinguishable from a model car - in fact better built and detailed than your typical Tamiya curbside model. There is no visible antenna.

I'll try and get some pictures up tomorrow.

Unless Tamiya really has truly unexpected announcement next month, then they are done for 2014 with this Hobby Show. They've chosen to sink most of their tooling money into WWI era armor, a few new ships, and a 1/32 Corsair kit. Because IPMS guys are actually willing to crack their wallets open more than an 1/8th of an inch. Car guys this year have been giving a modified tooling reissue Porsche racecar, and several minor-tweaked "Street Custom" kits the 1/12 Z, the just issued 2000 GT-R, and the November release of the BRZ. There was also the new tool Ducati Pagani, and Harley-Davidson but I don't know how many CAR first guys build "large scale" motorcycles. So if you want to talk Porsche 918 you're going to have to wait until at least January when the next big trade show is over in Japan.

As far as your supercar licensing keep in mind, Aoshima holds it for McLaren & Lamborghini. Fujimi has it for Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren & Porsche, and Tamiya has it for Ferrari & Porsche.

I idly wonder who is going to be the first company to do the new NSX they're building in Ohio. Both Fujimi & Tamiya have active licenses (based on reissues) for Honda/Acura. Revell AG has it for Ferrari, and obviously VW Group, with a few tiptoes into Audi. So far it doesn't seem to cover Lamborghini, Bugatti or Porsche. But with multiple companies with at least their foot in the door at VAG, it'd be nice if someone made that Veyron before it's replaced in 2016.

Edited by niteowl7710

Or, blow off Veyron and do new kit of new car well before it hits street.

Like the Raptor-kit of popular but outdated car, or latest greatest. Last 8 years Veyron have been reissues and repaints for the 1:1 buyers who like more exclusivity :blink:

R8 due to be replaced in a few months, so we'll have brand new snap kits of old versions of R8, Raptor, Crown Vic (wtf here), but it's all good, the kids don't care. Plenty of tooling dollars to throw around. :huh:

put me down for all of them please ;):D , some of us were discussing what subject is going to be next year from Aoshima, and it very well could be the Hurrican, I see a lot of interest as well for the Huayra on other forums, but something tells me we wont see it, but I dont know very much :lol:

I'd love either one but if I was a betting man I'd throw a lazy $tenner on the Hurucan being Aoshima's next Supercar ? I think they've built up a very good/strong relationship with Lamborghini & I think Lamborghini is very happy with Aoshima's commitment to their cars ??