Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Tune....

JollySipper

There can only be ONE most talented, most influential rock band ever. And that was the Beatles, IMO.

Queen was very good, especially Brian May. But Queen is no Beatles. Same with the Rolling Stones. A very iconic and influential band... but not on the level of the Beatles.

Anyone who has followed any of my posts know that my music tastes go from head bagging to bubble gum. If you are musically inclined or have a artistic inclination like most here ( lets face it modeling is a art-form) Music is a big part of what you are!

Love them or not so much.............. The Beatles are by far the most Iconic group that may ever be, at least in my lifetime! I was 10 years old when they first went on the Ed Sullivan show, I had a older sister who was in her mid teens and I had a front row seat to Beatle Mania...........Right time and Right place in musical history.......... Maybe............. Pure Genius................... Absolutely!!!!!

There can only be ONE most talented, most influential rock band ever. And that was the Beatles, IMO.

Queen was very good, especially Brian May. But Queen is no Beatles. Same with the Rolling Stones. A very iconic and influential band... but not on the level of the Beatles.

I understand they was very big. Remember them on the radio but maybe my age but i never could get into them that much.  

"Beyond the suns that guard this roost, beyond your flowers of flaming truths,

Beyond your latest ad campaigns............."

An old man sits collecting stamps in a room all filled with Chinese lamps,

He saves what others throw away, He says that he'll be rich someday............

An old man sits collecting stamps in a room all filled with Chinese lamps,

He saves what others throw away, He says that he'll be rich someday............

Cake/Ole Blue Eyes   The only reason I got this one is I'm a fan

T.J. This is your thread.............I have a bunch of titles from months ago that were ever answered. from this point forward this is what I would like to do with my posts. If they ae not answered within 24hrs I will give a hint. after 48hrs I'll post the answer.

Are you cool with that? Man when came back to the site after a few month hiatus I was surprised to see that there was no activity for almost to months..........What Happened?

Jimmy "RASs" 

Ol' Sil Johnson cruisin' mighty fine in a brand new Cadillac,

Buddy come, Jack Smith, rolling down the line in last year's Cadillac,

Johnson said, "Hey sonny boy, what do you think of my spankin' new Cadillac?",

Smith just reared his head back, looked him in the eye, "That's a mighty fine Cadillac"............

I understand they was very big. Remember them on the radio but maybe my age but i never could get into them that much.  

You were too young to get into them when they were current. By the time you would have started listening to music, they were already broken up (they called it quits in 1970). You missed it. Beatlemania was amazing. I'm happy to say I am old enough to remember it firsthand. Yeah, I was just a kid, maybe 10-12 years old... but old enough to really be into their music back then. And still, to this day. B)

But she just couldn't stay

she had to break away

Well New York City really has is all

oh yeah, oh yeah

This band saw only modest commercial success, but were very influential. So they were not Beatles or Rolling Stones big, but they nonetheless got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and got a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.

Deine Zauber binden wieder
Was die Mode streng geteilt;
Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Hint; These lyrics are not in English, but the English-speaking part of the audience doesn't seem to mind and we all on here like good music, yes? I'm sure you know this one. The creator is recognized as a musical talent arguably greater than that of all the Beatles-members combined;). Unfortunately though, he never got to actually hear this one being played..

You were too young to get into them when they were current. By the time you would have started listening to music, they were already broken up (they called it quits in 1970). You missed it. Beatlemania was amazing. I'm happy to say I am old enough to remember it firsthand. Yeah, I was just a kid, maybe 10-12 years old... but old enough to really be into their music back then. And still, to this day. B)

Thanks Harry, now i understand..

The Beatles broke up the year I was born, but having two Baby Boomer siblings, I was exposed to their music an early age..I like a lot of their music.  Though of the big bands of the 60s, I'm more of a fan of the Rolling Stones and The Who..  there is so much great music from that era that I enjoy...Steve Winwood and Traffic, The Yardbirds, Eric Clapton, Cream, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Crosby, Stills and Nash, etc...