Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Tune....

JollySipper

The Beatles broke up the year I was born, but having two Baby Boomer siblings, I was exposed to their music an early age..I like a lot of their music.  Though of the big bands of the 60s, I'm more of a fan of the Rolling Stones and The Who..  there is so much great music from that era that I enjoy...Steve Winwood and Traffic, The Yardbirds, Eric Clapton, Cream, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Crosby, Stills and Nash, etc...

The '60s-70s are the golden age of pop/rock music, IMO. Don't know if there will ever be another era like that. The bands/artists you listed, plus the Byrds... Beach Boys... Hollies... Kinks... Jefferson Airplane... Jimi Hendrix.. The Doors... CCR... I could go on forever.

And That was the Magic of the era. You could go on and on. The Music had Loads of Variety and once you toss in the One Hit Wonders, well you Could just about go on Forever. Music was something you experienced and shared with Friends through Speakers not SD Cards and Earbuds.

One could almost say that the '90's might be held at as high a regard as the '60s-'70s music era. I was a teen in the '90's, and the whole grunge/alternative scene had a huge impact on me and my peers.......... Blind Melon, SoundGarden, STP, NIN, Alice in chains, and of course Nirvana....... I guess it really depends on what was popular when you were still an impressionable youth..................  Today's music won't have the staying power that either era had in the past and still has!!

I spent my college and grad school years in the 90s, so I have a lot of love of that era also...ones mentioned, plus Pearl Jam, U2, Metallica....and there is a vast amount of 80s music I still love... my interest span is mid 60s to present day, but I've also been exploring some from the 50s also like Sinatra, Johnny Cash, various blues and jazz musicians, etc...my CD and mp3 collection is pretty diverse.

Edited by Rob Hall

One could almost say that the '90's might be held at as high a regard as the '60s-'70s music era. I was a teen in the '90's, and the whole grunge/alternative scene had a huge impact on me and my peers.......... Blind Melon, SoundGarden, STP, NIN, Alice in chains, and of course Nirvana....... I guess it really depends on what was popular when you were still an impressionable youth..................  Today's music won't have the staying power that either era had in the past and still has!!

As the Father of a Daughter who was into the 90s Music scene IMO the 90s music is light years away from the 60s and 70s. Just the shear numbers of bands, groups whatever you want to call them was off the charts. From across the pond to the Motown Sound, East Coast, West Coast, Deep South, Chi Town and everywhere in between it truly was a era that never will be duplicated, it was a time when you could look at the top 40 list and you knew 90% of the songs and artists.

I think the last decade that will have any staying power would be the 80s, Rush, ToTo, Journey, Cheap Trick, Police, Cars yada yada

I'm not trying to be argumentative as I like and had much of that music playing in my home at that period of time.............. it just doesn't pass the smell test for me. 

Way Back Wednesday !!!!!! 1960s

#1) If you wear red tonight

Remember what I said tonight

#2) You take Sally and I'll take Sue

And were gonna rock away all of our blues

#3) You got a thing about you

I just can't live without you

#4) I see people turn their heads and quickly turn away

Like a new born baby it just happens every day

#5) Must be those strangers that come every night

Those saucer shaped lights put people uptight

Way Back Wednesday !!!!!! 1960s

#1) If you wear red tonight

Remember what I said tonight

#2) You take Sally and I'll take Sue

And were gonna rock away all of our blues

#3) You got a thing about you

I just can't live without you

#4) I see people turn their heads and quickly turn away

Like a new born baby it just happens every day

#5) Must be those strangers that come every night

Those saucer shaped lights put people uptight

#1 Yes it is, Beatles

#2................ Heck I can hum the tune n sing parts !!!!!!!!!

#3 Elanore, Turrles

#4 Paint it Black, Rolling Stones

#5 Mr. spaceman, The Byrds

#1 Yes it is, Beatles

#2................ Heck I can hum the tune n sing parts !!!!!!!!!

#3 Elanore, Turrles

#4 Paint it Black, Rolling Stones

#5 Mr. spaceman, The Byrds

Ed...... You Are On Fire..... yes, yes. yes and yes

Ol' Sil Johnson cruisin' mighty fine in a brand new Cadillac,

Buddy come, Jack Smith, rolling down the line in last year's Cadillac,

Johnson said, "Hey sonny boy, what do you think of my spankin' new Cadillac?",

Smith just reared his head back, looked him in the eye, "That's a mighty fine Cadillac"............

This one is "One Better" by Les Claypool.............

Hint; These lyrics are not in English, but the English-speaking part of the audience doesn't seem to mind and we all on here like good music, yes? I'm sure you know this one. The creator is recognized as a musical talent arguably greater than that of all the Beatles-members combined;). Unfortunately though, he never got to actually hear this one being played..

Answer; Beethoven 9th symphony, also known as "Ode to joy". Kind of outrageous to think that people who like music doesn't know this one...:P

Is #2 from Way Back Wednesday "I Like it Like That"?  I forget the group...............

Fret for your figure, and fret for your Latte,

and Fret for your lawsuit, and fret for hair piece,

And fret for your Prozak, and fret for your pilot,

and fret for your contract, and fret for your car..........

This is an old TOOL song, I doubt anyone will guess it, it's called Enema........ It's about California falling into the ocean.......