Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Tune....

JollySipper

Post # 6063 #4, Hint # 6071 The Band was the Cuff Links. A few got the title right

Post # 0675 #1 I didn't think anyone would get this unless your taste in music went a bit underground, He was the lead singer in Roxy Music which was not mainstream but a great band. The answer is Right Stuff by Brian Ferry

I would recommend anything Brian Ferry. IMO great artist!!!

Most likely won't have a W.B.W way to much going on.

Jimmy "RASS"

You guys must have covered every song ever written! :lol:

"There's room enough here
for science to live,
And there's room enough here
for religion to forgive"...

Can you tell us what this one is, Harry? It's a pretty cool quote........

Edited by JollySipper

That's "Our Country" by John Mellencamp and his top-notch band, with Little Big Town on backing vocals. Sort of an updated cousin of Woody Guthrie's "This Land is Your Land."

Chevy used it in their TV truck ads for a while. Very cool song, IMO. Lyrics that are actually uplifting and meaningful, not like most of the krapp that passes for "lyrics" in so much pop music these days. B)

And live at Walter Reed Army Hospital for the wounded soldiers and their families. No rock star nonsense, no lasers or light show, just the band. The chick on violin is great... and the guy on the white guitar looks like John Lennon! :lol:

I know you guys know the original artist of this one, but can you tell me who did an awesome cover of it..... it's the only band I know of that has done a cover of this song:

"Everybody else is just green, have you seen the charts?

It's a Hell of a start, it could be made into a monster,

If we all pull together as a team"............

And live at Walter Reed Army Hospital for the wounded soldiers and their families. No rock star nonsense, no lasers or light show, just the band. The chick on violin is great... and the guy on the white guitar looks like John Lennon! :lol:

Always liked Mellencamp Harry, i think the girl on the girl on the violin may be the girl who played the violin in paper and fire... I also like Kid Rocks son Born Free that Chevy is using now..

Carl, I'm pretty sure the violin on "Paper in Fire" was Lisa Germano. She was a member of Mellencamp's band until the mid '90s when she left to do her own solo thing. "Our Country" was released in 2006 or so... so the violin was played by a different girl.

That Kid Rock song is pretty slick. Almost too slick... like maybe it was written specifically for use in commercials?

"Hey, Kid... can you come up with a catchy tune that we can use in a series of TV ads?"

"You bet I can!"

:D

Carl, I'm pretty sure the violin on "Paper in Fire" was Lisa Germano. She was a member of Mellencamp's band until the mid '90s when she left to do her own solo thing. "Our Country" was released in 2006 or so... so the violin was played by a different girl.

That Kid Rock song is pretty slick. Almost too slick... like maybe it was written specifically for use in commercials?

"Hey, Kid... can you come up with a catchy tune that we can use in a series of TV ads?"

"You bet I can!"

"And can you make the whole mess sound like Bob Seeger?"

"Sure, why not?"

A gimme gimme dat ding

Tony Burrows sang on that, as well as Love Grows Where my Rosemary Goes, My Baby Loves Lovin', United We Stand, and Beach Baby. At one point he fronted 3 bands with top 40 hits.

"You bet I can!"

Your sharp on music Harry, i really did think it was the same girl. I watched a Kid Rock interview on Larry King and Kid said he keeps a pad and pencil and adds to songs he is currently writing daily but he might get some ideas while listening to the radio. i do like many of his songs...

"Sniffin' paint since the seventh grade, she was high on Gin and Gator-Aide,

On turpentine she lost her luck, fell in front of a speeding pickup truck......

He was a boy of soft demeanor, and he loved his carburetor cleaner,

The vapor made a sweet aroma, he sniffed himself into a coma"...........