Model Cars Magazine Forum

MOON BEAST! 12 Cylinder, 2000 HP Drag Strip Terror is Finished!

Ira

• 3 weeks later...

Two Tone!

I decided to do the Windows Section in Black. I am going to hand paint the area with Flat Black Vallejo Paint. I started by laying a strip of stripping Tape along the Window Line. This gives me a straight line between the colors.

DSCN6333M_zps9370a4a1.jpg

Next I hand painted the area, leaving the Stripping Tape in place.

DSCN6340M_zps6db04c91.jpg

Rear View.

DSCN6338M_zpsd767fefc.jpg

More Coming... B)

We Have A Driver!

The Driver is a Tamiya Rally Driver, except his head, it was from the parts box. I painted him with Tamiya Camel Yellow and then applied a Black Wash.

DSCN6396M_zps49e99c3b.jpg

Side View. I also added a couple of Fire Extinguishers and painted them Red & Silver.

DSCN6403M_zpsa4eef123.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

More MOON Decals!

I added the Big MOON Decal on the front with a "GO! MOON" below it. I also added some small Detail & Sponsor Decals to the Engine & Chassis.

DSCN6405M_zpsb6ceb6df.jpg

I brushed Testors Dullcote over the MOON Decals so that they blend in with the Flat Black. I also added some little Decals to the Driver and will probably add more later.

DSCN6411M_zps84b374c1.jpg

More Coming... B)

Even More MOON Decals!

Found more MOON Decals! Soon after the Decals dried it started raining, the first storm in a series of 4 or 5, and the first we have had in a while. So I took the Body out to the shop and sprayed some Glosscote over the Body and put it in the Dehydrator, before the humidity got to high from the rain.

DSCN6416M_zpsac2dbefa.jpg

Fortunately the Glosscote worked Great! Side View...

DSCN6418M_zpscb5fc1aa.jpg

Almost Finished... B)

The Last Detail!

I made a Template for the Windshield from file card. When I got the Template to fit I traced the shape on to Clear Plastic. Then I glued it in place.

DSCN6437M_zps303b5817.jpg

I replaced the stock Headlights and Lenses with larger Clear Plastic Lenses painted Silver. The new Headlights are sunken in nicely.

DSCN6426MM_zps85250be0.jpg

Well, MOON Beast is pretty much Finished, so I'll be posting photos of the Finished MOON Beast later this week... B)

MOON BEAST is Finished!

MOON Beast started out as a Monogram Baja Beast. I Sectioned It, Chopped the Top, Narrowed It, Cut Out the Windows and removed a Scoop from each side. Then I added an AMT Allison Engine, Tamiya Driver and Drag Racing parts from a few Dragster Kits.

Here are the Finished Photos of the MOON Beast!

DSCN6462M_zps84cd5a2d.jpg

DSCN6450M_zps24edbccc.jpg

DSCN6479M_zps364fab95.jpg

DSCN6470M_zpsd8d28138.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira