Model Cars Magazine Forum

I've always been a Deora fan and have collected a lot of photos of the original, and other paper / digital property. I love your take on the vehicle! I wouldn't be doing it all black, since it won't photo well at all. I like all the black trim you have on it, but I can see this as bright orange or lime, some color that someone taking that puppy to the North Pole would paint it so rescue planes would see it!

i think black would show up pretty good against the snow Tom! but i know what you mean, black can be boring & hard to photo.

Old story... Augie Hiscano built a model for the old Revell contest series. It was black. The head judge told him that he didn't win because black wouldn't photograph well for all the magazine coverage they were planning, and to try again next year. The following year Augie built a very similar red hot rod and won first place! I remember that he won a brand new 1:1 Comet ! (anyone with better facts please chime in!)