Model Cars Magazine Forum

Road Boss 2?

A few years back there was someone working on a master for an Autocar ACL which is essentially an updated RB2 cab. I remember seeing pictures on MTDG but don't recall who the builder was. Maybe Tim A , Jim B or Mr Wicker can confirm .... :mellow:

RB2

rb2.jpg

Autocar ACL

acl.jpg

Edited by Modeltruckbuilder

I have no knowledge of a RB2 or Autocar ACL transkit ever being made. It would be cool if there was as I'd probably get them both (if they were reasonably priced). Here's an ACL I'd like to build:

P1160247.jpg

Recognize the name on the door & grill guard?

Edited by Jim B

There was a member on MTDG that uploaded pictures to an album of an Autocar ACL. I don't remember who it was, but he was working on a master with hopes of having a cab and hood cast in resin. This was at least 4 years ago, if not longer. Maybe "someone" will remember the pictures I'm talking about.

• 3 months later...

Would love see this cab or the kissing cousin cabover. The Road Commode II/Western Star COE. A lot of shared metal between them and both in production for a long time under a lot of badges as the White name went way of the dodo bird.

Edited by olsbooks

Terry,that is indeed true,i painted the 1:1 truck I posted earlier,and there is no mistaking it was a C.O.E cab adapted to the conventional postion,really "cobbled together" in my opinion...here are a few for comparison,you can really see the C.O.E cab in these photos..........................Mark

post-9862-0-15211900-1421094947_thumb.jp

post-9862-0-18384500-1421094978.jpg

Terry,that is indeed true,i painted the 1:1 truck I posted earlier,and there is no mistaking it was a C.O.E cab adapted to the conventional postion,really "cobbled together" in my opinion...here are a few for comparison,you can really see the C.O.E cab in these photos..........................Mark

Thanks for confirming Mark. I guess its retaliation for some of the first COEs being conventional cabs set up a little higher with a bubble nose. Its makes good sense for mass producing.

Edited by Superpeterbilt

*** NOTICE ***
1/24 Scale Autocar ACL B Conversion Kit
Pattern work is complete and we are now accepting orders on a "Made to Order" basis only.
Selling price is $95.00 per kit and includes the parts shown below.
A 50% deposit ($47.50) is required with each order and is payable through PayPal. Delivery is approximately 4 to 6 weeks after receipt of deposit with Free Shipping in the USA. International buyers PM for shipping quote. Available exclusively from TL Model Trucks.
(Pattern work by Dave Bish and castings by Mark Savage)
Thank You.

10942604_343343905850824_265569647777145

https://www.facebook.com/TLModelTruck

*** NOTICE ***

1/24 Scale Autocar ACL B Conversion Kit

Pattern work is complete and we are now accepting orders on a "Made to Order" basis only.

Selling price is $95.00 per kit and includes the parts shown below.

A 50% deposit ($47.50) is required with each order and is payable through PayPal. Delivery is approximately 4 to 6 weeks after receipt of deposit with Free Shipping in the USA. International buyers PM for shipping quote. Available exclusively from TL Model Trucks.

(Pattern work by Dave Bish and castings by Mark Savage)

Thank You.

10942604_343343905850824_265569647777145

https://www.facebook.com/TLModelTruck

Interesting! What would be a good doner kit?