Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is YOUR "holy grail" of truck/trailer kits

Personally,i'd sure love to see the AMT Mack R-685 re-issued,especially the Matlack version......................................Mark

One with both the square tanks and round tanks and the spider or disc wheels and optional grass burner exhaust would be cool with heaps of decal options, stripes, Matlack etc would be cool.

Ben

Although they're "pre-motorized", I think they would still be considered "trucks". The elusive Revell American Firefighters Series horse drawn ladder truck and water tower. Neat little kits for their day.

David

You are only going to find existing kits as the original molds belong to 'Davey Jones' and infamous locker :(

greg

There are kits I'd like that were never done (IH Loadstar comes to mind), and kits I'd like to see reissued so I cuold get a few more at reasonable prices (IH 2476 & 2575 for example), but I'm actually doing alright as far as kits I'd like to get that I don't have. The Stevens and Round 2 re-issues over the past 6 or 7 years really helped me out.

If they re-issued the turbine along with the Astro or as a parts pack, I'd pick one up, but I wouldn't call it a grail item.

Jake, both I suppose, lol, just haven't found a reasonably priced kit of either one yet.

The Revell Alaskan Hauler was reissued about 4-5 years ago. Should still be pretty easy to find. It was an expensive kit at retail. About $60 if I remember right. The Canadian Hauler is the same kit as the Alaskan Hauler.

Never had the AMT kit but it gets pricey. I think it shared parts with the W925 kit so it may be gone.

The Revell Alaskan Hauler was reissued about 4-5 years ago. Should still be pretty easy to find. It was an expensive kit at retail. About $60 if I remember right. The Canadian Hauler is the same kit as the Alaskan Hauler.

Never had the AMT kit but it gets pricey. I think it shared parts with the W925 kit so it may be gone.

Yes the AMT kit is not possible to do without retooling as it share most of the parts with the W925, and that was altered to the T600 so the cab and related parts are gone.

Edited by Force

One with both the square tanks and round tanks and the spider or disc wheels and optional grass burner exhaust would be cool with heaps of decal options, stripes, Matlack etc would be cool.

Ben

The third issue of the R model had both types of wheels and tanks included Edited by Modeltruckbuilder