Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Kits Were Molded in Green?

1 minute ago, SfanGoch said:

It was 85-7426. I bought it in '91 or'92. I thought it was an odd color. I bought another BM Camaro (same stock number) a couple years later and it was molded in red. The roof was gekakt; so, I called up Revellogram for a replacement. Guess what RM sent me..........a green body to go with all of the red parts and a free set of Yenko Camaro decals. Go figure.

Sounds like you received a test shot body as a replacement. Do you still have it, by chance?

Wasn't this kit released around 2000 and the Metalworks version sometime around 2011? The original issue BM Camaro and the AAR Cuda are both 1991ish vintage. I also had a '69 Camaro RS/SS kit from around the same period which was molded in orange styrene. I bought all of these kits at The Hobby Shop in Richmond Hills, Queens within a few months of each other. I also had a Revell '67 Chevelle (not the "Pro-Street" version which was the same green as the BM Camaro and AAR Cuda)) which was molded in a dark metallic blue styrene. I wish I still had them.....

3 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Wasn't this kit released around 2000 and the Metalworks version sometime around 2011? The original issue BM Camaro and the AAR Cuda are both 1991ish vintage. I also had a '69 Camaro RS/SS kit from around the same period which was molded in orange styrene.

1996 is the earliest-dated Speedwagon kit I could find.

The orange-molded '69 Camaro was part of a two-kits-in-one-box set, and the only time AFAIK the 1/25 Revell '69 Camaro was molded in orange:

revtp69nta.jpg

35 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

I also had a '69 Camaro RS/SS kit from around the same period which was molded in orange styrene. 

MPC? I think I have one molded in orange. A convertible--or maybe someone just cut the top off it. I have it in a box of leftover MPC '69 Camaro parts. 

Hey, I haven't seen this kit for over 25 years. :D It was, and still is an RS. Says so in the description:

Description
The '69 was one of the best selling of all the Camaro® models over the years. The special Z/28™ package added a unique 302 cubic inch V-8 and other high performance parts to create a blend of good handling as well as powerful acceleration. This Revell kit includes the Rally Sport™ front end trim and the rare dual quad and chambered exhaust options. Features: Opening cowl induction hood, spoilers front and rear, waterslide decals. Requires paint and glue (not included).

2 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Hey, I haven't seen this kit for over 25 years. :D It was, and still is an RS. Says so in the description:

Description
The '69 was one of the best selling of all the Camaro® models over the years. The special Z/28™ package added a unique 302 cubic inch V-8 and other high performance parts to create a blend of good handling as well as powerful acceleration. This Revell kit includes the Rally Sport™ front end trim and the rare dual quad and chambered exhaust options. Features: Opening cowl induction hood, spoilers front and rear, waterslide decals. Requires paint and glue (not included).

Didn't say it wasn't an RS. I said it's not an SS/RS, which is what you originally said. It's a Z/28/RS. If you'd said that to start with, I'd have known exactly what kit you meant. B)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 5:30 PM, SfanGoch said:

Nah, it was the Revell Z/28 with the RS front trim.

Whoa, while looking for box pic to post, I ran across this:

https://www.revell.com/model-kits/cars/index.html

The Revell USA site is up and running again! No Revell.de redirect either.

I went to the store page..... every item I clicked on in the car section shows out of stock with a back order option.....

So many cool kits I'd never heard of in this thread! 

So...maybe some of you will be able to ID these random parts I recently acquired (top photo only--the bottom ones have been identified already). They're a very pale green-blue (not grey--in reality they're a bit more green than they appear in this photo) and I've labelled the parts according to what I think they are--but I could be wrong!

MysteryParts2-vi.jpg