Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Kits Were Molded in Green?

:) Synergy Green?

..."the snap kit Camaro will include the black window edges, plus waterslide decals along with peel ‘n stick stickers to appeal to both first-time and serious modelers. The Camaro also will be molded in lime green."

camaro02.jpg?h=256&la=en&mw=600&w=600

camaro01.jpg?h=332&la=en&mw=600&w=468

Edited by Casey

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2018 at 1:28 AM, Spex84 said:

So many cool kits I'd never heard of in this thread! 

So...maybe some of you will be able to ID these random parts I recently acquired (top photo only--the bottom ones have been identified already). They're a very pale green-blue (not grey--in reality they're a bit more green than they appear in this photo) and I've labelled the parts according to what I think they are--but I could be wrong!

MysteryParts2-vi.jpg.74ee21a31d16875863eb6502d0d23bbf.jpg

Chris, I got that same tree in a parts bag from Model Empire along with another tree that has a base, some rocket exhausts, and a radar dish; I did some Googling and it turns out we have trees from the Polar Lights 1/1000 scale Star Trek USS Enterprise!

So far I've made use of one of the antennae - carved it down to make an ignition coil for my '64 Cadillac :lol:.

Oh son of a gun...the parts stash I acquired had some other Enterprise parts.  These little bits just looked SO much like '60s customizing accessories that I never even considered the possibility that they might be spacecraft components. Wow.

Nice detective work, that's a pretty bizarre and niche discovery, haha! Thanks Chris :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:21 PM, STYRENE-SURFER said:

I've got this beauty(glue bomb) and an other one (un-started) in a kit I purchased (still-sealed), but opened it anyway.:wacko: 

horntoad-vi.jpg

What kit is this and when was it issued? I vaguely remember building it as  kid 50...ish years ago.

1 hour ago, NOBLNG said:

What kit is this and when was it issued? I vaguely remember building it as  kid 50...ish years ago.

Monogram “Horn Toad”; first issued 1971.

What I found neat about it was the hot rodded Chrysler 225 slant-6?

Edited by ToyLvr

The monogram lotus esprit sport 300 is molded in dark green. However this model is a retrofit of a different lotus kit. This one does not go together nicely without some effort 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/monogram-2970-lotus-esprit-sport-300--182496

The original version went together much better 

Edited by youpey