Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Kits Were Molded in Green?

While looking for something else entirely (ain't it always the way?) I just found a forgotten AMT "Predecorated" '71 Duster 340. I'd always thought it was painted green, but now it looks like it might have actually been molded in something approximating Sassy Grass Green. Will have to take a better look at that thing soon...might have to put that near the top of the To-Build Pile....

Wasn't the Predecorated '57 300C also painted green, but a very dark green instead?

Wasn't the Predecorated '57 300C also painted green, but a very dark green instead?

yes, and with a hint of metallic

IMG_0049_zps5cf5a636.jpg

While looking for something else entirely (ain't it always the way?) I just found a forgotten AMT "Predecorated" '71 Duster 340. I'd always thought it was painted green, but now it looks like it might have actually been molded in something approximating Sassy Grass Green. Will have to take a better look at that thing soon...might have to put that near the top of the To-Build Pile....

also built that one and it's painted

IMG_0067_zps58ae027f.jpg

Revell '70 Chevelle snapper ( Wheels of Fire series ) , Dark green metallic

Oh man that is fantastic! Mine's molded in Petty Blue. Do you have a kit number on the green one?

ETA: Never mind, found a picture of the box on google. Now I just need to find one.

Edited by Snake45

The rear bumper of that blue '68 Javelin promo/friction toy I just "restored" was molded in a medium/dark green, so it's logical to assume that whole Javelins were molded in green as well. I have a red one, but wouldn't I love to find a green one!