Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1970 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 454 - Misty Turquoise

RandyB.

Nice looking Monte Carlo Randy! That color looks really nice on it. Looks like it's pretty close to Model Master's Artesian Turquoise. Concerning the grille and front bumper, is there any way to remove material from the back side of the grille and get it to slide back a little farther? If I ever do get around to building mine, I think I'll separate the grille from the bumper. The grille kinda looks like it's molded too far out onto the bumper anyway. Thanx for the heads up!

Thanks everyone. You are right about the grille protruding too far outward. The edge of the hood should be flush with the grille when looking at the car from the side. This is one of the many fit issues with this kit. There is no way of taking any material off the back of the grille in order to recess it a bit. The grille/bumper actually attaches/glues at the end of the bumper onto the front fender. Directly behind the grille there is no place on the body to attach it. Even the finished model on the box shows this defect.

Love the color choices and detailing....as usual with your builds. Only "nip pick" I can bring up is the wiper arms. I'm almost sure that they were a low-gloss satin silver in the early 70's. Black arms didn't start to appear until the late 70's early 80's (as on my 1.1 84 Chrysler Fifth Avenue). :wub:Fury3

Thanks guys on the great comments! Dave (Fury3) good to see you back contributing on the forum. My Dad had a 1970 Impala and I thought the wiper arms were silver on it so I should have guessed the '70 Monte would have been the same. I think I had a "lazy" moment.....best get the silver paint out! B)

Edited by RandyB.

• 5 years later...
On 11/4/2019 at 9:04 PM, Oldcarfan27 said:

Just a little update.

I just found an online ad for Oakridge Hobbies and they're using your picture to sell their kits!

Can they do that?

Screenshot_20191104-180007.thumb.png.35becf889c98b816f9af0ff496cee896.png

I've seen this before. I guess it's okay with me. Not like they are claiming it to be one of their builds.