Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 67 Camaro-Update 10/8/14

slammedi'am

Finally started on this today...Here is the mock up of it when I got it a couple weeks ago....

2014-08-302014-08-30001003.jpg

2014-08-302014-08-30001002.jpg

Gonna do like an old school new school on it.... Everything has been soaking in dawn for a few days now... Should have it all cleaned tomorrow and ready for paint...

I made me a small cowl hood hood for it....Still got to do some minor tweaking

IMG_20140914_202322_728.jpg

Still unsure on colors yet...Had one picked out but went against it now..Will have an update in a few days

Edited by slammedi'am

It's funny that you post this. I'm doing AMT's 67. Also doing kind of an old/new theme with it. I'll maybe post some pics of mine tonight. I just got the kit yesterday from craigslist. The body is in paint right now, after some mild mods.

Should be interesting to see how yours and mine stack up style wise.

Edited by fantacmet

Thanks everyone....

Mike the kit is very nice and pretty detailed...Im not a Camaro expert so I cant point out any flaws on it but Im sure some will tho...

Everett,I wont be at this months meeting cause Ill be out of town...It will be a shiney build with hopes of it turning out great and making the Atlanta show in November with it so not rushing it lol

Everett,I wont be at this months meeting cause Ill be out of town...It will be a shiney build with hopes of it turning out great and making the Atlanta show in November with it so not rushing it lol

What?!? You mean I might actually have something finished and you won't be there! :angry:;)

I'm sure what ever you do, it'll be great (as usual!).

Are you using the kit motor, or you going to get something to replace it from Chip?

hey Shane, camaro expert or not, you have a great flair for turning out outstanding builds. I will be watching.....

side note - you say "modified" Pegasus wheels, how so, they look very cool!!

Thanks man.... They are the elite wheels...The rears are sleeves and I cut the centers out for the fronts and put them in a diff sleeve.I have a pic somewhere of the diff

What?!? You mean I might actually have something finished and you won't be there! :angry:;)

I'm sure what ever you do, it'll be great (as usual!).

Are you using the kit motor, or you going to get something to replace it from Chip?

Hahaha Ive prob finished 2 or 3 since last meeting...

Gonna use the kit block and heads...Prob use the intake setup from the 67 Corvette

Thanks.. The fronts I cut the centers out and use the Pegasus 19 sleeve.... On the rears they just slid into the 23 sleeves they have...

Small up date...Got the body painted and cleared..... Didnt notice it till clear but on the pass door is a small indention.... I didnt get my stripe right either...Fortunantly I have a spare kit so Im getting it prepped and ready to spray and strip this body and use for a nother build..Had a blister pop up on my hood too so its been stripped and getting prepped and fixed.

IMG_20140916_151434_842.jpg

IMG_20140916_151556_729.jpg

Got the interior flocked and rolling

IMG_20140916_202527_422.jpg

And got the motor going...I used the extra intake from the 67 Vette....Something old school and diff

IMG_20140916_210455_474.jpg

tubbs,heres the pic...The one on the left is the modified wheel and the right is how it comes from pegasus

2014-08-302014-08-30001001.jpg

cool. nice job. those aluminum sleeves must be expensive, but they are worth it. I do the same only with deep offset plastic rims. if I can learn to cut straight, they would look much better. thanks for posting that up.