Model Cars Magazine Forum
mr moto

The Ala-Saurus

Just thought it would be cool to bash a '32 Vicky with the Ala Kart so I built it. Someone else combined a '32 Vicky with the Ala Kart and it was pretty but I thought it might look better with a little attitude. The engine is the Kart's small block Dodge Hemi with a JoHan Chrysler ram induction setup added. The top is chopped with a forward rake, 1960 Plymouth steering wheel, eight ball shifter, interior re-done with a lot of styrene stock,op-art uphostelry, Fred Cady decals, etc. Most everything else came in one of the kits or the other. Hope you enjoy!

IMGP1550.jpg

IMGP1552.jpg

IMGP1547.jpg

IMGP1546.jpg

IMGP1545.jpg

IMGP1557.jpg

IMGP1556.jpg

absolute mind blower....I usually am not interested in wild customs, however in this case, this build is shockingly amazing. love it, would love to have one ...congrats on a build of builds.......the ace.... :D

If you would have tried to describe the paint to me I would have told you it wouldn't work, but it does and does well.

Innovative combination of things I never would have thought of. Very nice. The cross-ram setup does a great job of disguising the underscale engine from the last Ala Kart issue. Diggin' that crazy 45 rpm platter spinner in the back seat too. :D

Very nice, I once toyed with the idea to build a Ala Kart sedan delivery. With this inspiration I may just got back and do it

Really cool custom hot rod.

What JoHan kit did the ram induction setup come from if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks everybody for the great comments. There were times that I wasn't sure it would work but I guess it did!

The ram setup was in JoHan's '63 and '64 Chryslers - hard to find. The 45 rpm record player comes from the JoHan 1963 Plymouth hardtop - not the USA Oldies version, the one with customizing parts. Those show up on Ebay pretty often.

That is one sick ride !!!!!!!!!!! I love the way you changed the paint from ala cart to 32 ford ...... it turned out fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that showmanship, take it on tour to all the big shows. Great looking model.