Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Ala-Saurus

mr moto

Pretty cool idea! Love the little touches like the '60 Plymouth steering wheel and the nicely detailed 45rpm record player (Wish I had $10 for every one of those I've pried out of the interior of a rare restorable Johan model!)

Great paint too. What pearl did you use on the Ala Kart section?

Pretty cool idea! Love the little touches like the '60 Plymouth steering wheel and the nicely detailed 45rpm record player (Wish I had $10 for every one of those I've pried out of the interior of a rare restorable Johan model!)

Great paint too. What pearl did you use on the Ala Kart section?

I know about prying those record players out of old Johans. This is my revenge! :D

The white pearl is Duplicolor Ivory Glacier Pearl decanted from a touch-up bottle. The black is a pearl Duplicolor but from a spray can. I forget the exact name - maybe it's just called Black Pearl.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW !!!

How did you do the checkerboard pattern on the seats.........and more important, where can you find 45's for the record player? LOL

rob

The "uphostelry" is homemade decals. The pattern is courtesy of a Google Images search but the 45's are a lot harder to get! ;)

that has to be the koolest thing I have seen all month. great visualization; makes everyone wonder why they hadn't done that before! I was going to use the ala kart nose on something using the Orange Crate chopped 32 body, but now you gave me lots of other ideas! very beautiful kar and just perfect execution!

jb

• 6 years later...

This is why I love zombie threads!  Somehow I missed this one 7 years ago and now I can enjoy the spectacular model that it is.  As I am on a bit of an early sixties show car kick at the moment the timing couldn't be better.

If you still check in here, Manuel, I love it!

Cheers

Alan

3 hours ago, mr moto said:

Thank you everybody. I'm still here and still building. Haven't made any real customs in a while but that may be changing soon!

I remember you , Luiz. I hope you built something really nice with that '62 Plymouth!

I intend to build the '62 Plymouth as an original car. It'll be possible thanks to the correct interior that you made.