Model Cars Magazine Forum

What cars interest you in resin 1/25

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, all... this is my first post here, so why not start with a "what I want" list!

I have never fully searched some of these so if they already exists, please let me know. One caveat though, I really need a glass option as well, either from existing kits or vacuformed .. that has scared me off on the boattail Riv casting.

several on my list have already been mentioned and were at the top of my list.. ie the 67-68 Cougar, and even more so, all years of JAVELINs! particularly a Mark Donohue edition.

I would echo others on a '60 Chrysler 300

But would add the following to my dream list:

99-04 Mustang GT I cannot believe that the only example we have of this generation is a '99 SVT Cobra. I have an '00 GT convert and would love to build some kits of it and the coupe. There are thousand of them on the road, surely I would not be the only one wanting a body for it???

A '50-51 Bullet nose Studebaker. Has there ever been a kit of it other than the custom resin???

'77 Olds Cutlass Supreme or Buick Regal cpe with a 455

78-79 Ford Fairmont Futura or Mercury Zepher Z7 equivalent.

71 Mercury Comet GT... might not be that tough for one who knows what they are doing (ie ME), but with the Maverick sharing the body and there Johan having done a Drag Version, maybe a kit could be born. I did one years ago, but it is "driven off" on its own, and to get a drag Comet and a Maverick to make a stock GT might be a bit of pain to find.

Thanks for the opportunity to dream!

Edited by Blake

Actually I'de rather see some more 70's cars that were never done in kit form such as a 76-77 Cutlass Supreme or 442.

I'm all about a kitted Colonnade A-body series , especially the Oldsmobile and Buick from '73-'75 !

For the naysayers regarding the later A/G bodies ; they were extremely popular in their time (and , if only Roger "No Interest In Vehicles" Smith would've let the A/G platform run its course instead of cramming more front-wheel-drive garbage down out throats vis-a-vis the 1988 models !!) .

They're still popular to this day !

Yes , most 80's cars were absolute junk (again , engine facing the wrong direction and driving the wrong wheels) , but there were a few diamonds in the rough ; the A/G bodies amongst the chosen few ( sharing the list with the 5.0 Mustang , '82-.92 GM F-bodies , and a select few more ...) .

Proof ?

Just look at the 1987 Buick GN-X !

• 1 month later...

'66 Satellite for Revells '67 GTX

Stock '51 Mercury for AMT's '49

'67- '73 Valiant 2 or 4 door sedan for AMT's Duster

'80-'89 Dodge Diplomat

4 door sedan conversions for... just about anything:

Revell 68/69 Dart

AMT 66 Nova

AMT 68-70 Mopar B bodies

AMT or Revell 68-72 Novas

AMT 58 Chevy

Revell 59-60 Chevies

AMT 66-67 Fairlanes and Comets.......

That list could go on and on. Just don't forget that a lot of sedans and have different (taller) windshields and roofs than their coupe/hardtop counterparts.

Edited by slant six

80s 4dr Caprice

80s 4dr Ford Crown Vic LTD

Both reliable fodder for cop car modelers. If the LTD is a quality model, I'd probably pick up two to start.

My dream is 1/18, but 1/24-1/25 would be just fine.

Edited by SCI-FI

80s 4dr Caprice

80s 4dr Ford Crown Vic LTD

Both reliable fodder for cop car modelers. If the LTD is a quality model, I'd probably pick up two to start.

My dream is 1/18, but 1/24-1/25 would be just fine.

Yes, yes and yes!

Here's a few that I'd go for:

The original Green Hornet Black Beauty

1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza

a correct body and front clip for the MPC Malco Gasser

The GRX from the original Speed Racer cartoon

1961 Chaparral 1

All the resin kits/transkits offered by the Japanese company Joker

All the resin kits/transkits offered by ScaleKraft

A repop of the Aardvark Maserati Birdcage

A buddy of mine is working on a 75 Buick Century master and some type of 59 Desoto. Ron Lambert is still working on a 69 Vista Cruiser kit for me. The 90 Fox Hatch is in process of getting the molds made. The Buick might make for a nice wagon version eventually.

Edited by Greg Wann