Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Sox and Martin 1970 Hemi Cuda

Daddyfink

Well, this turned into the slump buster I needed. Not one of the best I have done, but, it is good enough for a shelf model. The kit went together fairly well with really no vices. The only thing I substituted from the kit where the front tires. I used some American Satco Redline Firestones . They may not be too period correct, but I liked the way they looked.

The paint is all Tamiya, the blue was decanted quite some time ago and it went down like dirt! I managed to save it by using a polishing kit and some rubbing compound. Otherwise it is not that great. I was trying to get it done in a hurry and used the kit decals for the stripes, bad move, I should have painted them on as the decals for the hood are too short!

I used the kit decals despite their lack of accuracy and I do have the Slixx decals. I found some Shabo Firestone transfers for the rear tires and they are a bit small, but look ok to me.

Overall, despite its critics and fans, it is not a bad kit. Looking forwards to building another one, but better this time!

So there you have it! All comments are welcome!

sm4_zps29d17bd3.jpg

sm2_zps6e142e59.jpg

sm5_zps70e69fcc.jpg

sm3_zps9bf8f452.jpg

SM1_zps914453c1.jpg

• Like 1

Well all right! Been waiting to see some of these built and yours looks just fine to me.

The front tires look OK but I'm going to use the old AMT front tires that come in the Double Dragster kit.

If you put some flat clear on the carb bowls and they won't look so blingy, or it could be just the lighting in the pic.

Nice Slump Buster.

Well all right! Been waiting to see some of these built and yours looks just fine to me.

The front tires look OK but I'm going to use the old AMT front tires that come in the Double Dragster kit.

If you put some flat clear on the carb bowls and they won't look so blingy, or it could be just the lighting in the pic.

A better choise for front wheels are the ones from the old Jo-Han 71 'Cuda, if you don't have any Competition Resins have them, they are also sold by Slixx.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions! I do appreciate the input.

10Thumbs, Michael, the front tires are supposed to be 1/25, according to the package they came in and they looked closer to the tires the car wore when it was first built, and that is the main reason I used them. I was going to use the black wall side, but accidentally put the reline out and I liked they way they looked. And yes, I think the kits front tires are too small as well.

mopp_1010_14_o%2Bsox_and_martin%2B70_nhr