Model Cars Magazine Forum

Double-Take Replicas

you boys are gonna want to save some money for KJ's trailer, wow is it sweet! saw it in person today, love it, just an awesome trailer, I think he's gonna have his hands full trying to keep up with demand once this hits the public!

I picked up some wheels/tires from him today at the Spring Thaw show, they are superb looking units, if you're thinking of using his products, but are undecided, go for it, you won't be disappointed.

• 1 month later...

I have been working on some new tires lately. I remastered my Bridgestone drive tires to be new and improved, and also have a new flotation front tire available now. I will have a new standard size steer tire available soon as well.

007_zpsswtqtthj.jpg

004_zpsl2mvkro4.jpg

003_zps9el1cmor.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More exciting news folks! I have been slowly going through my products and remastering them one by one in the name of continuous improvement. I was never quite happy with my hubs, so I just finished making new drive hubs and trailer hubs. I think these are much nicer than my previous ones.

I also remastered my low profile tires and they are better than ever! These look great on lowboys or step deck trailers.

I have also finished up molds for new vortex air cleaners. These come with perforated stainless steel inserts to give them that real look.

Stay tuned for more, I will have a few more new products coming out in the next couple weeks.

• 2 months later...

I have added a few new items lately. I now have new drive tires, as well as a few different 3D printed grilles for KW cabovers. I have grilles to fit the AMT K123 as well as the Revell and AMT K100 Aerodynes. I even have a vintage grille to backdate the K123 kit to an early 60's model.

11057324_10102719065472846_818239268847795471_o.jpg

12291215_10102727232216626_2624729754370227007_o.jpg

Vintage grille.jpg

12232811_10102732118664146_2199031520352686601_o.jpg

Nice stuff!

KJ is there any news about 19.5" wheels project?

It is hanging in limbo at the moment. I received some masters, but I wasn't happy with them, so I need to make some changes. I am trying to finish a commission build before I try to make any new parts.