Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name that movie quote

Petetrucker07

It’s Weird,when I saw The Big Lebowski in the theater,I thought it was stupid.My friends job had extra tickets, he asked me to go, so I went.I sort of Hated it.Then over the next few years, of watching it,I started to really enjoy it.And now IMO it’s an icon of a movie, absolutely completely hilarious.

Same experience with me only the first time was on HBO or similar. Just wasn't clicking with me but since then I tune in any time it's on and have to force myself to move on. Everything about it makes me laugh and I use quotes from the movie often in every day life.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, TonyK said:

O Brother where art thou. "Got to have my Dapper Dan!"

Yep! Another good line from that movie...”Them syreens did this to Pete. They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad.”😁

Edited by NOBLNG

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Check out the big brain on Brett! 

6 hours ago, TonyK said:

Those 2 guys had a good last meal, eh? Godfather.

Yup.too easy..Here try this one.
“Oh Larry all this blood is scaring the hell outta me.Hey your hurt,your real&@%#+*bad,but your not dying.Getting shot in the stomach is bad,but it takes days for you to die from it,time is on your side.“

Police emergency,I need your car.Well when am I gonna get it back?
Frog one is in that room.I saw him,I’m gonna get him.

Why do u think I asked u to meet me in Washington.I haven’t spent 5 mins in NY without the company of a policeman.

The stuff is here,we can make the switch in an hour.Im telling u he’s gonna leave.One thing Ive learned,move slow and cautious,you’ll never be sorry.

41 minutes ago, TonyK said:

Oh yeah, and the car quote is also part of French Connection. One of the greatest "car chases" ever!

Yes sir,and without a doubt it was one of the best car chases ever.I would definitely put it in the top three chases.

.One,of course is Bullitt

two is the 7Ups,great movie too.

and three is the French Connection.

I once read that the film makers filmed about 90 % of the French Connection chase without notifying officials,or getting permission from NYC.And just had Bill Hickman(best stunt driver,in my book),drive all out.He drove a car in all three movies.

5AF457D2-13A9-4FB0-A330-021087351352.jpeg

F8781347-A3F5-41FE-A17C-E8B9F0AC7F1B.jpeg

DA577868-2484-4BEC-B0E4-1F32EE4BB5B9.jpeg

1F57E219-7540-4C4B-825B-AA841E6B1E6E.jpeg

Edited by NYLIBUD

10 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Ventura...chasing a Grand Ville...

Car chase - Seven-Ups.jpg

Yup,Up on the Palisades parkway in NJ.At least it was made to look like that,after leaving the GW bridge.And it really looked like Roy Scheider might have done a lot of the stunt driving himself,including when he went under the truck.Man that looked so painful.I mean he was flying.I read that he did do many of his own stunts.A great actor.And a great flic.

Steve McQueen’s last film before his death in 1980,was The Bounty Hunter.IMO,a verydgood movie And it was actually a comedy/drama.And If anyone saw it,you have to remember a very cool chase scene,but it was mostly by foot,and running.A cool typical chase that McQueen was known for.

9522EF5A-80E6-4940-842F-8B8110455FF1.jpeg

On 2/17/2021 at 3:27 AM, NYLIBUD said:

Steve McQueen’s last film before his death in 1980,was The Bounty Hunter.IMO,a verydgood movie And it was actually a comedy/drama.And If anyone saw it,you have to remember a very cool chase scene,but it was mostly by foot,and running.A cool typical chase that McQueen was known for.

9522EF5A-80E6-4940-842F-8B8110455FF1.jpeg

New things are no good!