Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name that movie quote

Petetrucker07

3 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Nope - a few years newer than Wall Street. It was set in a well-known American city, which was recreated on the outskirts of Mexico City since so many very valuable buildings were getting blown up and crashed into.

Hmm,🤔Can u give us another hint?Lol.I’m drawing a blank.

Hey Chris,so yea i’ve been trying to solve this mystery movie quote the last few days,and i still can’t figure it out.I’m going to go out here on a limb and take one more possible guess,and say Glenn Gary,Glenn Ross?I know that’s not the correct answer,but like i said,it’s just a wild guess.Alrighty,well maybe another clue,or possibly you could enlighten me,and give us the answer,?lol.🤷‍♂️

OK, we'll put this one to bed. First the clues:

On 10/12/2022 at 8:52 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

"You're gonna love this - you know this car cost a hundred and fifty-five thousand bucks?"

"So what?"

"So my house didn't cost a hundred and fifty-five thousand bucks!"

Hints: B-movie ripoff of a very successful movie series. Die Hard films

The lead actor was a Chicagoan, better known for a TV series, nearing the end of his film career Ken Wahl (Wiseguy)

his co-star was born in the USA but raised in Canada, and was better known for a role that required a lot of prosthetic makeup. Matt Frewer (Max Headroom)

The lead villain was once a villain in another long running movie series. Robert Davi - Licence to Kill (James Bond series)

Edited by ChrisBcritter

On 10/22/2022 at 10:21 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

No takers? OK. More hints: The lead actress got her stage name from her ex-boyfriend's motorcycle. Harley Jane Kozak (real first name Susan)

Of the two secondary villains, one has fronted a punk band for the last forty-some years; Lee Ving (Fear)

the other has a name that sounds very English but he's of Tahitian and Native heritage - and also has a motorcycle connection. Branscombe Richmond (spokesman for Indian Motorcycles)

On 10/24/2022 at 10:30 AM, ChrisBcritter said:

Nope - a few years newer than Wall Street. 1991

It was set in a well-known American city, which was recreated on the outskirts of Mexico City since so many very valuable buildings were getting blown up and crashed into. Beverly Hills, CA

On 10/24/2022 at 6:41 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

OK - Part of the title was in the title of the last movie that was solved. The Taking of Pelham One Two Three

The director's name suggested anger; he previously directed Cliff Richard, Diana Ross, Michael Caine, and Rodney Dangerfield (not in the same movie!). Sidney J. Furie

= The Taking of Beverly Hills. (Matt and Ken were discussing the price of the Rolls Royce Silver Spur they had stolen to escape from the bad guys.)

The movie in question (overdubbed in Russian):

“Ok Sal,now listen when we leave the country,there’s no coming back.Is there anyone that you want to say good bye to?Uh,no.Ok,is there any particular country you want to go? Um Wyoming,uh no Sal Wyoming isn’t a country.It’s ok ,i’ll think of one”

1 hour ago, TonyK said:

Poor Sal. Takes a bullet in this movie and another one in The Godfather saga.

Yea the Fed driving the airport stretch limo was fast with that gun.Sal remember,you just gotta keep that gun pointed up,we don’t want any accidents.You ready to get out,i’m ready,then bang,Sal takes one right between the eyes.Such a great movie.

D09E5D0D-78C7-4B11-AC4F-31A8DCF68E69.jpeg

26D41934-3873-4481-9596-93556889EF67.jpeg