Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Camaro

Hard_2_Handle_454

Ever since I found out they were making the model, I've been excited for it. I think this is the best year for the Camaro from a styling stand point.

This was one of the best kits I've ever built. The pieces fit good and everything is there. There were plenty of decals as well.

I only had two issues with the kit:

1. While there was a hole in the transmition for the drive shaft, there was not one in the axle of my model. So I drew some blood trying to put one in for it. I don't know if something went wrong with the molding of mine or not. But it was an issue.

2. The other issue was the tires. They have pins which have to be inserted into them. They didn't fit onto the rimes right and it took a lot of playing with it so the tires would be straight. Over all though, I was happy with the kit.

post-13106-0-94145500-1411604301_thumb.j

post-13106-0-54321400-1411604317_thumb.j

post-13106-0-98071000-1411604332_thumb.j

post-13106-0-39338400-1411604348_thumb.j

post-13106-0-13102200-1411604364_thumb.j

post-13106-0-96633100-1411604378_thumb.j

post-13106-0-59941800-1411604394_thumb.j

I can't believe I had the restraint to not build it immediately, but I had several other mdels to do first.

It is a great model

several others? you have built more models in the past 6 months than I have in my lifetime.

nice build, nice color. I am a mopar kind of guy, but I may just have to get this kit. thanks for sharing.... all of them. good job.

several others? you have built more models in the past 6 months than I have in my lifetime.

nice build, nice color. I am a mopar kind of guy, but I may just have to get this kit. thanks for sharing.... all of them. good job.

Yep, I currently have 3 on the table now. I can knock out a model in two days. One for painting and one for assembly. i'm out of brushes right now though. I think when I got this one I had 4-6 I was working on getting to. When I first joined the site I thinkl I had up to 10. I've also got some aircraft models to build too, but no room for them. :( I'm renting so I can't put up shelves. I need my own place with an extra room to make an office.

That would be cool. I'd like to see a 68 version. I want to do one in yellow and black next.

If you want to do a '68 RS, you can do that right now, with a little work. Frankly, for a "standard" '68, I'd rather build the AMT. Its body has problems too but they're easier to fix than the Revell's.

If you want to do a '68 RS, you can do that right now, with a little work. Frankly, for a "standard" '68, I'd rather build the AMT. Its body has problems too but they're easier to fix than the Revell's.

Well I have the 68 z/28 version of the AMT. Didn't care for it much. But, if they could make an SS version as well as this one came out; it would be great.