Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck Kits You've Scored Recently

The 6-71 is in stock and I understand that they are currently casting them. The 6-71 in my 9000 White came from them. These engines are not perfect, but pretty nice (a little heavy on release agent). I am "old school", so I have always called. They have a website and sell on Ebay as well. I used to buy from them around 15 years ago, they have always been great to deal with.

Thanks Brian, i have ordered from sts before, but ive never seen the 671 besides in a junkyard lot. Ill check with them cuz i want a fewnof those!

To JT - I bought it direct in Modelmakershop in Austria (500 miles there and back from my home :) ). It is limited edition. Just 1000 kits for all world. The first 500 hundred are on the stock. The problem is over there, that so the parts are from more manufactures. For example - box, 60 % of kit is Italeri, PE parts are from CTM, resin parts or cnc parts are from another. So in shop is now a massacre :). Heinz (owner) must put it in box and it is a lot of work. I called him that I will come and he prepared me 2 pieces. I can say it will be hard project. A lot, lot and lot of parts... totally full big box. So as materials lime photos of original truck on CD, guide...

But it is no problem to order it on office@modelmakershop.com

You can write in English, Heinz speaks English very good. And you can pay by Paypal of course. I think it will no another way to buy it. The seller will be just modelmakershop. And price is 150 Euro for one kit, plus shipping.

Edited by Pavel A.

Man, where are y'all getting those Scanias.??...I haven't been able to locate any from the usual sources, and I want one BAAAADD.....

You can get this kit only at this shop : http://www.modelmakershop.com/modelmakershop/ because it's a limited edition (1000 kits) created by and for this shop : the kit costs 150€ (shipping cost excluded)

Send them an e-mail asking them if the kit you want is always available, because, it still doesn't appear on their site I think (there is only one person to handle reception, order and shipping)

EDIT : I've not written quickly enough ! lol

Edited by le_marbrier

I got an e-mail from Heinz this morning. And I believe he is holding a kit for me .Until I send him mailing address. Which will be this evening.

Went into town today and rented a P.O.box in Dumagete City, Negros Oriental, Philippines. So I will know in the am if I will be getting one of those kits.

Be Well

Gator

Thanks, Guys for the information....I can already see that I won't be able to snag this kit.....I'm sure shipping and customs will just price it out of my budget parameters.....Just can't afford it.....Oh well.....Looks like I'm in the same boat as you are, Terry.....I just ain't got that kind of dough..... :unsure:

Still, though....I think I can find enough stuff laying around to scratch up a single steer, triple axle set up......We'll see.... ;)

Edited by kilrathy10

Thanks, Guys for the information....I can already see that I won't be able to snag this kit.....I'm sure shipping and customs will just price it out of my budget parameters.....Just can't afford it.....Oh well.....Looks like I'm in the same boat as you are, Terry.....I just ain't got that kind of dough..... :unsure:

Still, though....I think I can find enough stuff laying around to scratch up a single steer, triple axle set up......We'll see.... ;)

I have faith in ya JT ;)

JT,

When I first saw the add for this model.I started saving for it. Normally I couldn't do a purchase like that. But like my wife here ( who supports my hobby , but has a slight problem with the number of kits and things.She just does not understand) .I only have a couple more kits I want.And the rest will be aftermarket parts.And I will have to plan those purchases as well.

The price everyone is quoting is for those people in Europe. They have to pay the VAT tax. Anyone outside of Europe does not pay that tax.

1So mine cost about $120.00 and then the shipping to the Philippines was $45.00.don't know about Customs yet. IT should be about 10% of the purchase price.

Last night I received notification that my model was in the mail. I do not remember the exact weight . But it is somewhere around three kilos or 6.6 pounds. That is a lot of model!!

Be Well

Gator

Edited by gatorincebu

Pavel, what make is that black truck? I can't read the box.

Sorry, I'm not Pavel but I can answer this question, because it's one of my favorite truck manufacturer : it's a "Berliet" (I'm putting comas, because in fact, Italeri took it's Renault R360 moulds, but it's not a "critic", this model wasn't reissued for years and it was one of the most wanted reissues of Italeri I think in Europe.....People even said that the moulds were broken...)

To be a real berliet, this model needs surgeries on the cab and chassis. Indeed, the cab has not the openings for the glasses on the both sides and on the back. You need to create them. The art box lies !! Here an example

post-9900-0-97863100-1436625784_thumb.jppost-9900-0-27835400-1436625917_thumb.jppost-9900-0-41244900-1436626525_thumb.jp

Berliet no longer exists and belongs to Renault Trucks, but this cab created in the 70's existed till the late 90's !!!

Edited by le_marbrier

Yes, it is Berliet. So what I know, the guys from Czech Truck Model prepared PE parts set for 3 versions - Berliet, Renault and Saviem. Than you can make three versions. Also CTM guys made PE parts for Scania 8x4 heavy haulage tractor there are included in box.

Pavel, what make is that black truck? I can't read the box.

I placed an order for that Scania 8X4 kit over a year ago and still have not heard back from Heinz???? How are you guys getting this kit??

• 2 weeks later...

http:11715985_10153203487938300_1490806367_n. Picked this up last week at DHL. Kurt had shipped it to my daughter in Florida. And I had it shipped to the Philippines. ( no don't ask what it cost to ship lol) I now have a P.O.Box and I think that will work out well.

Anyway, it is one of Kur'ts three axle lowboys. Looks like it will make a good project.

Be Well

Gator

Edited by gatorincebu