Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck Kits You've Scored Recently

Just picked up the Revell reissued duallie (big kit!!) and the AMT Crew Chief Chevy Blazer today, and both are really nice kits.

Thinking about doing the duallie as a VDOT cone work truck with hazard cones and tools in the back, and making up the Blazer as a Forestry Ranger vehicle.

Now I have to find the right forest green paint. :lol:

yesrerday came these kits 

amt 2 trailers , italeri m.a.n. and a freightliner [ donor for the white roadcammander ] and a revell peterbilt 377a

769b5df0dadd9d3e1dcf9440f8b0a8b9.jpg

ed2673feb19e8872cb30356b132073ea.jpg

4323ed94cc6df9418140e0bff79d72b0.jpg

b111302b9045c34589c6802e0518f73c.jpg

7a7b11513fb0aab04ce510bc36d952f6.jpg

and more underway , a lonestar , a volvo and also a m.a.n. but these for a project to make a 4 axle mixer daycab [ my son drive,s a mixer ]

time to stop buying but i dont know how

jacobus

so the last 3 kits are deliverd , 

today i orderd from jamie some thing,s , 

here the 3 pictures , a lonestar [ i have already 2 ] a volvo and a m.a.n.

bb73d0d0eda6a542b2e5939fe748426c.jpg

e697db35cf1c2e485684ac4925345fad.jpg

020022d4f873c886499243b47e31fe7e.jpg

and the stash yust gets bigger en higher [ nice walldecoration

jacobus

The three other Meng F350s that were set back for me when I brought their brother home a few weeks ago finally got reunited with their brother, and a few others followed me home too! :lol:

I bought myself a resin motor recently.

PA160057_zps0463bd7b.jpg

It's a Volvo D12 to upgrade the Italeri FH12 made by P&B Models from Poland.
I plan to use it in the Volvo VN 780 wich have no engine or gear box...just a dummy, I would really have liked to have a D16 but there is none available as far as I know.

Edited by Force

I bought myself a resin motor recently.

PA160057_zps0463bd7b.jpg

It's a Volvo D12 to upgrade the Italeri FH12 made by P&B Models from Poland.
I plan to use it in the Volvo VN 780 wich have no engine or gear box...just a dummy, I would really have liked to have a D16 but there is none available as far as I know.

that would be a nice addition to the 780 kit. Nice kit just wish it wasn't curb side.

Rich

Picked up the new re issue of the revell 91 Ford F-350 dually kit yesterday, anyone know if parts from the revell Ford ranger pickup could be swapped between the two like the shorter cab and older grill and such? 

Picked up the new re issue of the revell 91 Ford F-350 dually kit yesterday, anyone know if parts from the revell Ford ranger pickup could be swapped between the two like the shorter cab and older grill and such? 

If you are talking about the F Series stepside "Ranger", it may be possible, but you would be looking at a needing to modify the frame and floorboards that are molded into the frame pieces as well if you are looking to build a regular cab dually. I have one of the duallys I'm converting to be my 1:1 1990 regular cab, and if it is just a regular cab you want, it's not that difficult to shorten the kit's cab. Here are some of the "surgery" pics from my conversion. 

This and the pic above shows what I removed from the molded in floors from the frame, but you have to cut around the crossmember and fuel tank in the middle section. 

This was the result of all the surgery, and the gap in between the bed and the cab is intentional. My truck was born as a chassis cab, and it has a 6 inch gap between the bed and the cab as a result of the previous owner putting the stock dually bed on it. 

It all came out to look like the 1:1, and once I drag it off the back burner, the 4x4 conversion will begin. :lol:

Yes, it was reissued several months ago.  I picked one up, too.  Not scratch & dent, unfortunately.

Cool, I didn't hear about that. I might have to track another one down.

• 4 weeks later...

This came in the mail yesterday, my very own Transformer! :lol:

HPIM48631_zpscpz6gd6r.jpg

What does it transform into, you ask? :huh:  Well, it transforms into this...

HPIM48641_zpsta7saqgi.jpg

...a spray booth for my desk! I got it on Walmart.com, and it comes with the lighting kit and a vent hose kit, and also includes a turntable. It's quite roomy for the compact size, that is the frame for the "BJ & the Bear" custom I'm working on and I also tried it with my 1/16 scale Kenworth. 

HPIM48651_zpsabdhezeu.jpg

Obviously with the Kenworth, it does have some space limitations and trying to get a 53' trailer into it should be a challenge, but it was affordable and I thought since I am just beginning with an airbrush, it would be a great beginning booth. The lighting will also allow it to double as a photo booth until I get better lighting for my model desk. 

Edited by highway

• 3 weeks later...

I bought 2 Mack from evil bay for $58 shipping including, one dm 600 and the other r700 this one have the rd hood so its an extra!! They need to rebuilt again but I think both can be save. I will post some pictures when I get them if any one are interested.

I bought 2 Mack from evil bay for $58 shipping including, one dm 600 and the other r700 this one have the rd hood so its an extra!! They need to rebuilt again but I think both can be save. I will post some pictures when I get them if any one are interested.

Sure man, Id like to see them.