Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck Kits You've Scored Recently

I'm looking to start one of these this year, most likely the daf.

DSC02246_zpsccf2uwfo.jpg

The mercedes was on sale for about half price

DSC02312_zpsw6oezzyn.jpg

Some beacons, spotlights and chain from kfs

DSC02316_zpszqvikcj9.jpg

The daf was 15 quid because half the front bumper is missing but shouldn't be a problem. Planning to put a hi-ab behind the cab on this and have it dechromed and pulling the dumper trailer

DSC02303_zpsjlohtmdi.jpg

Trailer for the daf

DSC02304_zpsuzhh1tih.jpg

And these tyres are for an old fridge trailer I already have that is being made into a flat bed

There was no camper in the box, and everything was sealed in bags. 

I'm not sure if you've built one before, but if not; the front engine crossmember MUST be square with the frame, otherwise the engine/trans won't fit in correctly. The front 4x4 suspension is kind of pain to assemble, and the transfercase likes to fall off of the frame tab, so be prepared for that. Other than that, the problems are pretty much standard AMT.

I'm not sure if you've built one before, but if not; the front engine crossmember MUST be square with the frame, otherwise the engine/trans won't fit in correctly. The front 4x4 suspension is kind of pain to assemble, and the transfercase likes to fall off of the frame tab, so be prepared for that. Other than that, the problems are pretty much standard AMT.

Unfortunatley, I have built many of them. There is a laundry list of things to repair before even getting to assembly.Once the winshield height, and wheelbase is fixed, its all gravy.

There was no camper in the box, and everything was sealed in bags. 

Terry...some came with a factory style camper top some did not. Been looking for the camper top for a family owned project build of a pickup we owned once.  My dad had a 74? crew cab 1/3 ton 2wd with the camper top we use to pull our camping trailer with.  Ether way its a nice find buddy.

• 4 weeks later...

there was a cabover I think colors were gray and some stripes, it had a big chrome bumper and iam pretty sure it had fenders for the back tires, does anyone know what iam talking about and have a picture, ive wanted one forever, never could afford it when I was young

... cabover I think colors were gray and some stripes, it had a big chrome bumper and iam pretty sure it had fenders for the back tires, does anyone know what iam talking about and have a picture ....

I could see the image in my head, but couldn't remember the name. This one, right? http://www.eddylenders.nl/Peterbilt COE Turnpiker pete AMT5006 6646.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I just received an original factory sealed ERTLGreat Dane Van Trailer which I won on ebay: I was the only one bidding - so my starting bid won = € 19,99 (is about 25,00 $).

Shipping from Belgium to Austria cost 16,00 (about 20,00 $) additionally - nevertheless I think it was a good deal!

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, jacobus said:

this week recieved a peterbilt transkit and some accessoires and i like it

amt donor is the peterbilt california hauler

406762c1242ec11c3837670359ae1898.jpg

must be strong to let it on the stash , firstt the other projects

jacobus

WOW!! I want one of those Peterbilts!!!!