Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got these 2 finished up 51 chevy fleetline and 37 ford coupe but as a rat rod

robo37

1951 chevy fleetline amt kit 1/25 scale built rat rodded motor from 55 corvette and 40 ford front axle,custom front seats out of 57 ford kit .painted dark tan,even got out the floor and added in a piece to make it look like tin added some decals on it and a shifter.

Built 1937 ford rat rod monogram kit 1/24 scale I added patina paint job then clear coated,added tourq thrust wheels,painted white walls and added a hubcap for a aircleaner was a fun built

chevy51_zps8111d3d8.jpgFotor0928185316_zpsd1a02f5e.jpg

You used brush paint on them Robbie? Nothing wrong with that, but it reminds me of my dad telling me about the first car he ever owned. He bought a 1951 chevy from a friend for next to nothing. I believe he said it was green but the paint was very rough & faded. So he got out a can of yellow house paint & gave her a fresh coat. :) Only paint job he could afford. Steve

You used brush paint on them Robbie? Nothing wrong with that, but it reminds me of my dad telling me about the first car he ever owned. He bought a 1951 chevy from a friend for next to nothing. I believe he said it was green but the paint was very rough & faded. So he got out a can of yellow house paint & gave her a fresh coat. :) Only paint job he could afford. Steve

Steve that is very interesting story about your dads car plus 51 chevy is to cool and yes I do I Brush paint all my rat rods well 99 percent I do for the look and other stuff I build gets spray painted