Model Cars Magazine Forum

Welcome to Hazzard County...

Mark B

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

WOW!!! I can't get over this thing!!! Perfect in every way!!! I wish I had the ability to do something like this & a place to put it. I've done some Dukes cars & trucks over the years but this is amazing!!!!

I like your yellow ford wrecker. I built one back in 2000 & brought it to get signed by Ben Jones "Cooter" & he liked it so much that I ended up giving it to him, he wanted to put it in his Museum. It's been moved from one to another over the years. I think it's in the Gatlinburg shop now. It's not as nice as yours or the other one I did but it's cool that he has it. Here are a few of my Dukes builds...576ff0dd33105_Cooters_Gatlinburg_800.thuCaptured_2011-4-26_00014.thumb.jpg.c3bfdMarksTowTruck.thumb.jpg.6a6b853f6bc691c3truck.thumb.jpg.f033cf056291be4d0cc9a54fCaptured_2012-11-26_00112.thumb.jpg.44c0Captured_2011-11-22_00006.thumb.jpg.f9a1Captured_2012-1-9_00148.thumb.jpg.e30bb6Hughie_Hoggs_VW_00012.thumb.jpg.f50e82f7 

You are Mark Hook!  Your name is famous to me because I've been staring at your yellow wrecker model for years every time I go to the Gatlinburg Cooter's! (yes, its still there).  I searched for you a couple times online but never found anything- I'm VERY to make contact!  I love your builds- I've seen most before through google searches, but never realized they were yours.  Funny how we all end up gravitating in to the same places- Hazzard is a small world!

When I read your reply I laughed for about 5 minutes, me being famous to anyone is just crazy. It's nice to meet you & nice to know that someone likes my builds. It's funny I have a huge Dukes collection, everything from a bar of soap to General lee pedal car To a real Charger in the garage waiting for a General Lee makeover but I never keep the models I build. I'm glad to know the wrecker is still in Gatlinburg. 

Well, you are famous to me now for doing this Diorama because it truly is a Museum quality piece. I've never seen someone do something like this with such attention to detail. You are an artist for sure. Again I'm glad to meet you & I can't wait to see whats going to happen next in your little Hazzard world!

When I read your reply I laughed for about 5 minutes, me being famous to anyone is just crazy. It's nice to meet you & nice to know that someone likes my builds. It's funny I have a huge Dukes collection, everything from a bar of soap to General lee pedal car To a real Charger in the garage waiting for a General Lee makeover but I never keep the models I build. I'm glad to know the wrecker is still in Gatlinburg. 

Well, you are famous to me now for doing this Diorama because it truly is a Museum quality piece. I've never seen someone do something like this with such attention to detail. You are an artist for sure. Again I'm glad to meet you & I can't wait to see whats going to happen next in your little Hazzard world!

You've reached a lot of people whether you know it or not.  The yellow wrecker is a perfect choice to have on display too- most casual fans don't remember that Cooter had a yellow wrecker, much less a Ford!  All anyone knows is the red, white, and blue towtrucks.  I appreciate that compliments, but know that you are part of the story too- its really you and Tubios Bethards (who's Hazzard Square and Duke farm models are at the two Tennessee stores) that inspired me to start Dukes models of my own.  Do you have a website with all your models someplace?

Mark

You've reached a lot of people whether you know it or not.  The yellow wrecker is a perfect choice to have on display too- most casual fans don't remember that Cooter had a yellow wrecker, much less a Ford!  All anyone knows is the red, white, and blue towtrucks.  I appreciate that compliments, but know that you are part of the story too- its really you and Tubios Bethards (who's Hazzard Square and Duke farm models are at the two Tennessee stores) that inspired me to start Dukes models of my own.  Do you have a website with all your models someplace?

Mark

Well thanks again Mark, this is a cool story to be part of & I'm honored. If you go to www.junkyardmodels.com my friend puts pictures of my stuff on there for people to see. It's not everything I've done, I've been building for over 30 years, but some of them. I'm really bad taking pictures of stuff when I'm done & trying to use the computer for anything other than ebay is a challenge for me. I'm just now doing the Model Forum thing & it's very cool. I get to show some stuff, see peoples work, get new ideas & now make new friends. Let me know what you think & please be honest, good or bad.

Thanks again, Mark

Well thanks again Mark, this is a cool story to be part of & I'm honored. If you go to www.junkyardmodels.com my friend puts pictures of my stuff on there for people to see. It's not everything I've done, I've been building for over 30 years, but some of them. I'm really bad taking pictures of stuff when I'm done & trying to use the computer for anything other than ebay is a challenge for me. I'm just now doing the Model Forum thing & it's very cool. I get to show some stuff, see peoples work, get new ideas & now make new friends. Let me know what you think & please be honest, good or bad.

Thanks again, Mark

I went to the Dukes stuff first of course, but its all great- Is that the Yellow wrecker thats in Gatlinburg?  Your weathering is excellent- I'm hoping to add a junkyard to the back of the Hazzard Garage so I'll be referring back to your pics for some inspiration.