Model Cars Magazine Forum

Welcome to Hazzard County...

Mark B

I went to the Dukes stuff first of course, but its all great- Is that the Yellow wrecker thats in Gatlinburg?  Your weathering is excellent- I'm hoping to add a junkyard to the back of the Hazzard Garage so I'll be referring back to your pics for some inspiration.

Cool I can't wait to see your junkyard, hopefully you'll have lots of banged up General Lee parts (doors, fenders, hoods) The yellow wrecker isn't the one in Gatlinburg, it's the 3rd one I did years ago. I ended up selling it on ebay so who knows where it is now. I have pictures of the one in Gatlinburg one on an old camera but I can't get them off because I lost the cord.

Cool I can't wait to see your junkyard, hopefully you'll have lots of banged up General Lee parts (doors, fenders, hoods) The yellow wrecker isn't the one in Gatlinburg, it's the 3rd one I did years ago. I ended up selling it on ebay so who knows where it is now. I have pictures of the one in Gatlinburg one on an old camera but I can't get them off because I lost the cord.

I noticed last October that your yellow wrecker in the Gatlinburg store need some repair- likely nobody there wants to attempt it.  I might have a few General Lee parts in the junk yard, but it should mostly be patrol car parts!  Plus it should have the patrol car cut in half by the sawmill, and Daisy's burned out Plymouth!

I noticed last October that your yellow wrecker in the Gatlinburg store need some repair- likely nobody there wants to attempt it.  I might have a few General Lee parts in the junk yard, but it should mostly be patrol car parts!  Plus it should have the patrol car cut in half by the sawmill, and Daisy's burned out Plymouth!

Ya in the picture I have there it looks like the hood is loose on the Gatlinburg truck. I have yet to get there but hopefully one day. I had my honeymoon in Gatlinburg but it was years before there was a Cooter's Place. Your right about the junkyard, it needs LOTS of patrol car parts. Good luck with Daisy's Plymouth, it sounds like a real tough project but I'm sure you can handle it. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow! I never noticed this before and all I can say again is............WOW!!

A bucket list build of mine is to one day build a '60's Gulf station with removable roof and all. Like you said, finding the room to place something this size can be the hardest thing. Also in my case, I've got cats! Gotta find a way to make it cat-proof as well-----sometimes easier said than done!