Model Cars Magazine Forum

All American Models?

TO CLARIFY;

These are not copy cats, but works with many many hours put into them. The 4 door big bodys started out as all american LIMOS, and were cut and made into 4 doors. and then cast, then the 2 doors were made from them.

These were mastered by TWINN on the layitlow.com models forum.

ALSO- these are considerably less than AAM resin big bodies, AAM go for upwards of 300-500.00. The casters of these are commig very close to the cost of making them, when you factor in the mold material, resin material etc. AND they are as clean, if not cleaner than AAM. The only reason these are up for sale on "feebay" is so that people outside of the forum in which the master`er/caster is most prominent have an opportunity to get them.

Edited by mademan

AAM go for big bucks now, but they were $70 when they were in business, and they included full interiors, glass, chrome and chassis, so I think the price is comparable to $45 for a body and bumpers. I've finally handled a Twinn's casting (not of a Cadillac) finally last week and was pretty impressed. Props for having a set price instead of letting it be run up by overzealous bidders.

TO CLARIFY;

These are not copy cats, but works with many many hours put into them. The 4 door big bodys started out as all american LIMOS, and were cut and made into 4 doors. and then cast, then the 2 doors were made from them.

ALSO- these are considerably less than AAM resin big bodies, AAM go for upwards of 300-500.00. The casters of these are commig very close to the cost of making them, when you factor in the mold material, resin material etc. AND they are as clean, if not cleaner than AAM. The only reason these are up for sale on "feebay" is so that people outside of the forum in which the master`er/caster is most prominent have an opportunity to get them.

Edited by BigPoppa

So how is the quality, where does it fall between say R and R and Modelhaus?

It's desirable subject matter, I would build it if I knew it was at least R and R quality, and since it sounds like it's NOT a copy of a copy of a copy, it may be good news then.

It is a copy of a copy. The 80 Malibu wagon I saw was pretty clean on the outside, but pretty thick, so get your grinder ready. Not sure if the 2 door cadillac is a copy of the copy or if they tore into another limo.

300-500 dollars!!! :blink: I have one of those limos, unstarted still has the packing peanuts in the box with it.

The limo is one I should have acquired back in the day..I have only 4 AAM resin kits in my stash--'71 Olds 88, '71 Riviera, '67 Firebird, '87 Mustang LX notchback.

It is a copy of a copy. The 80 Malibu wagon I saw was pretty clean on the outside, but pretty thick, so get your grinder ready. Not sure if the 2 door cadillac is a copy of the copy or if they tore into another limo.

I've been wondering if the '80 Malibu wagon is a copy of Perry's. Perry's wagon is a little thick on the inside too, as is the interior tub.

I wouldn't call it a copy, I think the 82 front clip was grafted onto a Perry's resin body.

but all the work is from the firewall back, so it's just a knock off. I could put that front end on ours in about 10 minutes. And I Think I will.

I've been wondering if the '80 Malibu wagon is a copy of Perry's. Perry's wagon is a little thick on the inside too, as is the interior tub.

If you have one of mine that needs a grinder, send it back, you got a bad one, and I'll replace it. Ours is only about 40thou thick, at it's thickest point.

My limo became a hearse many years ago. The other is unbuilt. I have quite a few AAM's unbuilt simply because I was so impressed with them I never painted them. Honestly, the 76 LTD, the Caddy, S-10, OLDs, I took them out of the box and said to myslef "why cant the big corps do this?"

I put a clip off of an El Camino promo onto Perry's wagon, and 10 minutes was about it. I don't remember the wagon fuselage being any thicker than any other resin, but then again I don't remember if I had lunch or not. I would like to see a quality Caddy available, and not the kind which you would see with crime scene tape all over it either, something which could be built stock.

Actually the Blazer on there is a direct copy, he bought an old AAM on E bay, then had them for sale shortly after

AAM Blazer

Edited by Ayatollah

My limo became a hearse many years ago. The other is unbuilt. I have quite a few AAM's unbuilt simply because I was so impressed with them I never painted them. Honestly, the 76 LTD, the Caddy, S-10, OLDs, I took them out of the box and said to myslef "why cant the big corps do this?"

I put a clip off of an El Camino promo onto Perry's wagon, and 10 minutes was about it. I don't remember the wagon fuselage being any thicker than any other resin, but then again I don't remember if I had lunch or not. I would like to see a quality Caddy available, and not the kind which you would see with crime scene tape all over it either, something which could be built stock.

Actually the Blazer on there is a direct copy, he bought an old AAM on E bay, then had them for sale shortly after

AAM Blazer

wrong again! venture over to the layitlow model forum. the whole rear roof section of the blazer was cut off and corrected.

check the topic "twinns for sale thread"

none of his stuff is a direct copy, things were corrected,and changed.

AAM Blazer

here's a quote from LayitLow model car forums...

THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE THIS WHEN YOU BUY THEM. THEY NEEDED ALOT OF WORK.

Picture090.jpg

LIKE THIS.

Picture079.jpg

AND THIS

Picture072.jpg

AND THIS.

Picture085.jpg

oh and their 82 version of the wagon didn't take 6-8 weeks for delivery....

Well, if I only had 6-8 items in my catalog I'd be quicker too.

It is an interesting way to justify him knocking it off though.

I don't think you need to grind out my work to make

it fit together either, based on your own review.

Or you could sell you product as you cast it and have it available so you can get it out right away.

I for one would like to get a 333sp from you but just afraid that I will order and pay and never see it.

Would like to see alot of your products readly available again. I would like to see the VW notchback that people say you have inthe works.

Hope you bring Perry's resin back to life and we can get your product in a more acceptible time. Some of us just buy the model to put it away

or someday in the next 100yrs build it.

But if we pay we would like to see the product asap. just my 2cents

Or you could sell you product as you cast it and have it available so you can get it out right away.

I for one would like to get a 333sp from you but just afraid that I will order and pay and never see it.

Would like to see alot of your products readly available again. I would like to see the VW notchback that people say you have inthe works.

Hope you bring Perry's resin back to life and we can get your product in a more acceptible time. Some of us just buy the model to put it away

exactly.... then there wouldn't be topics like this....

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9068

exactly.... then there wouldn't be topics like this....

And that is why we did this:

Changes at Perry's

It's not for lack of business at Perry's we did that, we're too busy. We're

now close to being up to date on older orders, and new orders are going out within a week.

And if your going to point that out, then you should have read the end of the thread:

End of the Thread

The problem has always been, what are people going to order. I've had items that have dropped so far off in sales that I'm ready to remove them from the catalog, and within days I've got order for over 50 of that one item. And it not just one person buying it, but several different orders. Just can't plan for that.

I don't think I have any orders that haven't been filled, it always gets out of here, but slowly at times.

The VW is one of those items that need the time, now I'm starting to get a little. I have close to 20 kits to put in rubber, but molds, and patterns take time.

The problem has always been, what are people going to order. I've had items that have dropped so far off in sales that I'm ready to remove them from the catalog, and within days I've got order for over 50 of that one item. And it not just one person buying it, but several different orders. Just can't plan for that.

I don't think I have any orders that haven't been filled, it always gets out of here, but slowly at times.

The VW is one of those items that need the time, now I'm starting to get a little. I have close to 20 kits to put in rubber, but molds, and patterns take time.

Hope to see you up todate soon. .

TO CLARIFY;

So, who did the masters and who is the caster? How is the quality and the accuracy?

Is AAM up and running again?

These look like the ones he was selling yrs ago

AAM Resin Kits on Fee Bay

No, there is no way that I will ever either restart AAM, nor will I do any casting under any other name. Simply put, I wound up spending far too much time at it, seldom less than 12-14 hours a day, counting casting, cleaning parts, packaging and shipping kits, fixing masters, making or working up new masters, all of that.

Frankly, it go to the point that when I would even go out for dinner with friends, the finest steaks in town tasted like resin, potato chips looked just like the pieces of flash that fell on the floor in the molding room, and I couldn't even get the odor of resin out of my clothes. I had no hobby anymore, and no time or energy for one either.

Even after closing it down, and going to work for a salary again, it was almost a year before I could even pick up a model car kit, break it open, and seriously do anything with it--and it's still a modeling block problem today, 8 years later.

So, if you see any AAM kit out there on the 'Bay, or one that looks like it, it's either one that someone hasn't built yet, or a recast done by someone else.

Biscuitbuilder