Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC's Monkee Mobile

kpnuts

Hi all here is an update on yet another kit I seem to be unable to do a decent job of.
uj252u6.jpg

LcEO5jx.jpg

0VLTzml.jpg
the decal is too big its supposed to fit inside the door and its supposed to say The Monkees not just Monkees, oh and its supposed to be yellow not gold.
none of the engine parts fit correctly there is no radiator or hoses for the engine.
if I cant build a decent model soon I think I will give up altogether.

Thanks Carl

Hi here is tonights update, been collecting bits for the dio for it can you guess what these will be used for.
KLKt5oy.jpg
iHHf9SY.jpg
P0yrfFQ.jpg
5BS0Phd.jpg
2VhJAWM.jpg
thought I had got over the engine problems but as you can see the chassis is where it should be but the engine must be at least 10 mm out I have to fit the blower on there, dont know how to get round this one whether to hack the chassis about or try and move the engine forward some how.
OLzrGt2.jpg
2F9QEuz.jpg
qT0nnB4.jpg

I you're saying lee but it's really bad of mpc to get the engine placement that wrong I mean 10mm *24 that's 20mm short of 1/2 a metre it seems mpc don't care at all about accuracy not sure I would buy another of their kits.

Kenneth, you have a kit that was tooled back in the 1960s when the main audience was kids, not adults. The kits back then had much less detail than you'd find on new tooling today. There isn't a radiator in the kit since it would be up front in the nose and almost unseen. I don't see how the engine could be off that much. I've seen built examples of this kit where it looked fine.

That upright that looks like the vent window is only there to support the windshield frame. It should be cut off.

Hmmmmm, I'm not sure about that. Looks to me like it's deliberately molded in there as a vent window frame.

The original issue of the kit didn't have that. The entire windshield frame is non-stock on the original. It looks to me like they've altered the mold to a more stock-like windshield frame arrangement for some reason.

At any rate, I wouldn't worry about trying to cut that off and risk screwing up the paint at this point.