Model Cars Magazine Forum

SNOW !

Mike 1017

I think my humor may have backfired on me because it's 58 here...

You better start carrying candy on you James. Because when we find you, we're going to have to hang you upside down, and beat you with a big stick. Just like a piñata. And you know when you hit a piñata you normally get candy out of it. Oh, and don't forget. Besides the candy, have the rope and big stick handy, so we don't have to go searching for that. :)

Scott

You better start carrying candy on you James. Because when we find you, we're going to have to hang you upside down, and beat you with a big stick. Just like a piñata. And you know when you hit a piñata you normally get candy out of it. Oh, and don't forget. Besides the candy, have the rope and big stick handy, so we don't have to go searching for that. :)

Scott

Bwahahahaha!!

I think my humor may have backfired on me because it's 58 here...

:lol:I think it did..... :D

Scott

• 1 month later...

In the 50's for Thanksgiving, my parents drove to Buffalo along with my brother and I and we only got as far as Ashtabula, Ohio before the roads we closed and we had to take the train the rest of the way. I don't recall how much snow there was as I was only 8 or 9 years old maybe, but it was enough to stop us in our tracks.

WOW! That's a scary site. BTW Joe, how much would one of those copters set a person back?

Depends on which one he has, the one with no camera is around $400-$450, with a basic WiFi camera that can transmit to your phone we sell for $489.99, the one that holds a GoPro and has a gimbal like the one in the video we had for $960, then we also sell one that has a WiFi camera mounted to a gimbal with a WiFi range extender (also transmots to phone) mounted to the controller for $1150 (and that just dropped from $1300!). These all have a GPS based return to home system so that if there is a problem (like if the transmitter dies mid flight), it will fly back to where it started and land. I've been told there is a $1300 model that you can program in a flight path and it will fly that path completely on it's own, so he could have programmed that one to fly up and down his block if he wanted to.

My lawn sprinkler company was real hot to winterize my system back in September. Once I contacted them mid October they kept putting me off. With the freeze last week I came home to water gushing out of the sprinkler standpipe next to my house. Of course they were scheduled to come that Friday. I turned off the valve inside my house, and when they came the technician was back peddling that it was 'nobody's fault' since we normally don't get a freeze this early in the year. Well, guess what? In my book it's THEIR fault and I will hold them to doing the repairs in the spring.

So first Buffalo gets hit with 7 feet of snow in three days!!!

And now it's supposed to be 60 there this weekend!

Can you say "flooding?" :o

That's pretty incredible...the most I remember personally when I lived in Colorado was just under 4 feet in 3 days...had a couple big ones I remember in spring of '06 and around Christmas '06 (that one closed the airport for a couple days and cancelled my vacation plans).