Model Cars Magazine Forum

The sad part is . . .

Greg Myers

All you have to do is think about this logically for a moment.

Suppose the car was parked there years ago. Suppose there was a baby tree growing there under the car.

What baby tree would be able to break through sheet metal?

What baby tree would be able to break through sheet metal, enlarge the hole as it grows, and leave a perfectly round hole with perfect edges?

Answer: Photoshop.

Trees can grow around metal... Could grow around the suspension in that car, no engine... Through hole precut in hood. Eh?

The guy had amazing foresight! He knew exactly how big the diameter of the tree would wind up to be, exactly when the tree would stop growing, and he pre-cut the exactly correct sized hole, placed exactly in the correct spot, all those years earlier. Amazing... :P

The guy had amazing foresight! He knew exactly how big the diameter of the tree would wind up to be, exactly when the tree would stop growing, and he pre-cut the exactly correct sized hole, placed exactly in the correct spot, all those years earlier. Amazing... :P

Perhaps the guy just cut a hole in the hood that he thought would be "good enough," perhaps the tree hasn't "stopped growing," and perhaps the photo happened to be taken at a point when the tree had grown enough to fill in the space?

I think you might be making things more complicated than they actually are, Harry.

Perhaps the guy just cut a hole in the hood that he thought would be "good enough," perhaps the tree hasn't "stopped growing," and perhaps the photo happened to be taken at a point when the tree had grown enough to fill in the space?

I think you might be making things more complicated than they actually are, Harry.

I was being sarcastic. Of course the guy didn't have any way of determining the size of the hole up front. That's my point.

It's a Photoshopped image.

Have to agree with Harry, the hood is cut to smooth all the way around. Photoshop.

I was being sarcastic. Of course the guy didn't have any way of determining the size of the hole up front. That's my point.

It's a Photoshopped image.

I know you were being sarcastic, Harry. My point - which I think you missed - is, I don't think your sarcastic point ruled out this being a genuine image.