Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER - CLASS OF '59 - ENTRY #5

Ramfins59

Thank you all very, very much for all of your great and encouraging comments.

Steven, I totally agree with you regarding the less popular cars like the old Mopars. '57 Chevys are very cool cars but hardly affordable.unless you get really lucky. Way back when I owned my '59 Dodge Coronet it was a real head-turner. While parts for it were hard to find unlike Chevy parts, they were out there but you had to do a lot of searching. I was able to find quite a few items online at salvage yards out in Arizona. Also, thanks again for "making me" repaint the roof 2-tone as it does look a lot better.

Thanks very much guys.

Tommy, while some of the promos on EBAY are warped in one way or another, I NEVER go near any of those. I look for pretty much "perfect" cars so I don't have to worry about trying to straighten them out. Grilles, bumpers, taillights and interiors are usually available from Modelhaus. A little TLC, the right colors and the addition of wipers, mirrors antenna's and license plates really brings them to life. Plus, since they're all curbsides you don't have to worry about engine or chassis details.

Thanks again fellas.

No Kevin, I haven't yet taken any "Class Pictures" for the '59 cars as I've only finished 5 cars so far... Chevy, Chrysler, Dodge, Imperial & Plymouth. I've still got 9 more to work on in my TO DO pile. I would like to take a group picture for each year of the 1950's when I get all of the cars completed, but I'm thinking that might not happen for awhile as I've still got about 2 dozen cars yet to work on. Maybe I will decide to take pictures of the cars that I have completed for each year. Sounds like it might be a fun thing to do to see all of the cars for each year together. I'll give that some thought.