Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gold'n Duece

Steve H.

Here's my latest off the bench and onto the shelf... Not my best build ever, but I'm pretty happy with it. Its about 99% of the fuzzy little picture in my head when I started, so I consider that successful.

Revell 32 3 window Coupe with Testors One Coat Inca Gold

GoldnDuece1-vi.jpg

Body sectioned 4", MCG 4" chopped grill, T-Bolt kit Radirs on 29 rat rod whitewalls, Tuck and roll running boards (I had planned a similiar roof insert, but copped out because I didn't like how it fit.) Of course, no build lately is finished without the Kdog tramp Stamp (of approval) on its rear end!

GoldnDuece2-vi.jpg

66 Riviera Nailhead engine w/ AMT valve and spark plug covers, RMCoM Strombergs, 2 sets 49 Merc air cleaners, basic wiring/plumbing. The scratchbuilt firewall is covered with mirror mylar.

Engine1-vi.jpg

Scratch built exhaust, rear pan raised to clear the diff, rear frame rails C-notched, front 4 bars adapted to the rear, RMCoM finned Buick brake drums, lengthened drive shaft.

Chassis1-vi.jpg

Kit interior sectioned to fit, MCG P/E Banjo steering wheel, done in Tamiya pearl white.

Interior1-vi.jpg

Hope ya like... Questions and comments always welcome!

Looks great so far. I love the color. I am going to have to get some cans of that stuff (after I find some!).

Is it just me (probably), or does the windshield frame look like it is inside out? If it is, I hope its not too late to change it.

Where are the wheels and tires from?

Looks great so far. Keep it up.

Looks great so far. I love the color. I am going to have to get some cans of that stuff (after I find some!).

Is it just me (probably), or does the windshield frame look like it is inside out? If it is, I hope its not too late to change it.

Where are the wheels and tires from?

Looks great so far. Keep it up.

Ummmm... You're right... Thats kind of embarrassing :huh: . I guess I'm such a gooder model builderer that I don't have to read the instructions! I'll have to take a look at turning that assembly around.

Radirs from the T_bolt kit, tires from the 29 rat rod p/u.

Edited by Steve H.