Model Cars Magazine Forum

The worst birthday gift Ive ever gotten

thanks Bob... I appreciate it... the judge wanted to resolve the three violations the same day, but my father insisted on having the additional ones added and tried on the same day... the funny thing is, he was at court since 9am according to the judge and the case was being held at 130pm... so if there were additional violations, why did he wait until the hearing in the afternoon to say something...

The problem is what stops your father from doing this again on the next court date. Either he is being vindictive or he's totally lost it. Either way the court needs to deal with it. It is unjust that the court is letting him do this. You need to talk to your attorney to see that this gets resolved. Its not fair that the court is creating this hardship.

James,

Like others, sorry this saga continues and I can't believe that he is allowed to continue to waste the court's time. Hopefully he will test the judge's patience one too many times and find out how the judicial system treats abusers of the law.

Continue to take the high road and take solace in the fact that you have done nothing wrong, peace of mind is priceless.

I hope that this is resolved quickly for you.

• 1 month later...

Guess I shoulda updated this....

Hearing was on the 4th of December and what a crock.... The judge found me guilty of 4 violations... because my phone is with Vonage, my father claims without having proof that i called from a Vonage calling card which I have a land line with Vonage that works through the internet... My number was not the number he claims I called from... And the mail issue... I brought in the verifcation letters from the Post Office confirming I had MY mail forwarded, but because he didnt receive some mail, he claims I tampered with it... According to my attorney, The petitioner doesnt have to prove the defendant is guilty... This judge usually has sympathy for the petitioner... I was sentenced 2 months in county but the judge let me go with "a warning" and to top it off, My father stands up and says " Thanks for being leiniant with my son"

That I dont understand at all....

I know I was innocent, but I dont care... Im just glad this is over...

I would have went broke to prove that he was a liar, never would I allow that to show up on my record. Glad to hear that this should be done, but one question- now that you have been found guilty of 4 counts, what happens if he decided to try this again? Looks to me like the judge will refer back to this case and look at you as a repeat offender. Something to think about!

That judge was a real ... The words I wanna use to describe him would get me banned... And the court appointed attorney was about as smart as a box of rocks... yea, if my dad does come back with some more violations, He will reinstate the original sentence plus additional ones... All I can do is pray that I am left alone ... Im beyond over it...