Model Cars Magazine Forum

1:64 Dirt Late Model Builds

DirtModeler

Neat models! I don't know how anyone can work on something so small, 1/25 is my limit. Nice work.

I sure appreciate it! but actually, the size being difficult is really just a problem with perspective. It honestly doesn't mean i'm a super modeler because i can work at that scale! :)

i'll bet most people have smaller details and parts just in the engine of their 1:24th build then there are in this 1:64 car.. actually there are builds in 1:16th scale with smaller parts then this 1:64 car!

The only difference is.. perspective. Take a distributor, the size of a distributor in 1:24 is about the same size as a wheel in 1:64. Now some people.. actually.. lots of people.. hand drill 8 holes in that little distributor and run plug wires through it.. an MSD decal on the side of that 1:24 distributor would be about the same size as a 'Hoosier' decal on that 1:64 tire.. The tiny photo-etched beadlock that goes onto that 1:64 wheel, is actually a lot larger then the 1:24th photo-etched Ford emblem that a lot of modelers put on their cars without any problem.

It's all just a matter of perspective.. the parts themselves actually aren't any smaller, there are just fewer of them.

Hi Michael, this is looking interesting.

By the way, I received the parts that I ordered. The parts are fantastic! Many thanks. 4 link and ladder bar braces, tabs and a few other things. I'll be back!

Michael

i'm sure glad you liked them.. making parts is kind of an odd thing because i honestly never know exactly how people will like and use them... it's always a sigh of relief when people enjoy the fiddly-bits that i put out and can put them to good use.