Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto ID #137 FINISHED!

Looks like someone shopped it a bit (guessing Harry's doing).

I guess you're right but why would someone's head give a clue as to the identity of the car?

I'd like to think the guy in the coat is walking to his chopped and channelled Merc parked up the road... - just stooping a little!

I don't know why I have to repeat it, except for new members, that Harry NEVER retouches anything from his source except to remove identifying badging and scripts. Otherwise, his examples are the way he found them.

Correct. What would be the point of me altering the image?

The only changes I ever make is to either resize or crop the image when necessary, and sometimes I'll fix the color balance or sharpen the image a bit... but I don't change or alter or add or delete anything that wasn't there in the photo as I found it, aside from blurring or blacking out any identifying badges or logos or license plates.

I don't know why I have to repeat it, except for new members, that Harry NEVER retouches anything from his source except to remove identifying badging and scripts. Otherwise, his examples are the way he found them.

Correct. What would be the point of me altering the image?

The only changes I ever make is to either resize or crop the image when necessary, and sometimes I'll fix the color balance or sharpen the image a bit... but I don't change or alter or add or delete anything that wasn't there in the photo as I found it, aside from blurring or blacking out any identifying badges or logos or license plates.

Alright, since you all insist on making a deal out of it, I will explain.

Through a little research I had found the true "original" of this image and it did not have a headless person in it. That's why I suggested maybe Harry did it, perhaps because of an identifiable person or whatever, I don't know. Skip, Harry very well could have shopped it for the this reason, so no need to be rude. I for one don't recall your post about Harry retouching images, and I've been around long enough to not be "new". After your post I did a little more searching and found that somebody along the line did indeed do a little shopping to the picture. Not Harry, but it has been messed with.

So to answer your question "What would be the point of me altering the image." there's your answer. My bad for thinking I could suggest something so harmless without making someone upset :huh:

I don't see that my comment was rude, but I apologize if it came across that way. Certainly not intended that way. Anyway, I also found the original photo, which has a caption identifying the person who retouched the headless man, etc. Not Harry.

Edited by sjordan2

Thanks Geoff

It looks good in 'BRG'.

How's Mell Square these days, by the way? - I used to live at 626 Streetsbrook Road'!

It's still there, but depends on how long you haven't seen it for, you well might not recognise it, the fountain is long gone and a Costa coffee house has taken it's place .....