Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 MPC Carl Casper's Cosmic Charger Fuel Dragster

dragnut

A reissue would be neat.The frame(and body work) is a different length than both the Garlits/Young American and the Ramchargers kits.Seeing how the Garlits frame was fudged in the reissue,would this kit be somehow altered given the different chassis length?

Edited by ZTony8

I'm pretty sure it is the same chassis as the Young American, I think the whole kit is; besides the body & decals

$T2eC16FHJF0E9nmFQWrIBQyrwUJB1g~~60_35.Jgalloping_ghost_top_zps144680c8.jpg

The chassis is basically the same as the Young American, but still unique enough for this car. And the Galloping Ghost car is the same chassis as the Ramchargers car, but, this version of the car should be using the same one as the young American as it was a long wheelbase car.

Took a look at my Cosmic Charger kit and the chassis is basically the same, but, it is only half the chassis! The front section is just like the YM car, but the back half of the chassis are separate pieces that are part of the interior tin.

This is not just basically the YM car with a different body. Hope they still can release it again!

Here are some photos of an MPC Carl Casper Cosmic Charger rescued from a glue-bomb purchase. It is essentially everything in the kit, except it is missing the clear cockpit cover. It also has (I think) a parts box "Owl Eyes" air scoop rather than the kit piece.

DSC_0047-vi.jpg

Five more pictures (including detail shots of the chassis) at the link...

http://public.fotki.com/funman1712/tim-boyds-124th--12/boyd-rail-dragsters/boyd-rail-dragsters/page3.html

Thanks for looking...TIM

These are all great kits . If there were only better front wheels available.

Norm at Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland has three different sets of rail dragster wheels in his lineup now. Of course, they aren't inexpensive, but they do look pretty sharp.

Best regards...TIM

Edited by tim boyd

• 3 months later...

Can't wait for this one! I have most of my kits from my youth, however this one disappeared at some point. This kit has some great memories for me as it's one of the first models that ended up with a decent paint job due to my father's help with spraying it. He was a model builder too and was always willing to show me stuff if he felt I was up to it.

Edited by Phirewriter

• 5 months later...