Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 MPC Carl Casper's Cosmic Charger Fuel Dragster

dragnut

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw two of them yesterday at a local shop.  They charge full retail, though, so neither of those followed me home.  I'll pick one up at another local shop that at least gives club members 10% off (offsets the sales tax, at least) then pick another one up online or at a show.

I finely got one ,I wish I could post photos to show all of you this Awesome kit ! what I can tell you is the Decals are far better then the original sheet was ,the 15 new parts are a must have for this kit , also included is a booklet with close up photo's of the car ,this is a nice touch . the back slotted  mag wheels are wrong in the kit, should be American 5 spoke mag's ! I give two thumbs up Round2 for bringing back this Awesome kit.

• 2 weeks later...

The extra parts are really nice and will find their way onto other projects! 

I was going to ask about those newly created, extra parts, but it looks like they are for building a second, later(?) version of the same car?:

Edited by Casey

I was going to ask about those newly created, extra parts, but it looks like they are for building a second, later(?) version of the same car?:

105_dragsters_large.jpg

From what I know, that is the only version of the car. The MPC kit was not accurate to begin with and looks like it has been properly corrected. I have never seen a single picture of the car in a magazine from that era or any info on the car actually racing. I heard it tried to qualify, but, no race results. 

Carl%20Casper's%20Cosmic%20Charger%20fue

This was on Drag List but there's not much else

Carl Casper from Louisville, Kentucky USA 
1971 - Category: TOPFUEL, Type: TN, Class: AA/FD, Div: 3
"Carl Caspers Cosmic Charger Streamliner" Owned by Carl Casper from Kentucky USA
Dragster by Logghe Stamping Co. | Powered by a 426 cubic inch Chrysler Hemi with direct drive

1/4 Mile ET: 6.670 at Unknown | 1/4 Mile MPH: 220.45 at Unknown
1/8 Mile ET: Unknown at Unknown | 1/8 Mile MPH: Unknown at Unknown
1000 FT. ET: Unknown at Unknown | 1000 FT. MPH: Unknown at Unknown