Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need help id'ing old Disney(?) short film

Greg Pugh

Ok. It's driving me CRAZY and I can't seem to find anything no matter where or how I search.

When I was little, my parents dropped me off at the babysitter's and she put on a movie for me to watch. I could almost swear it was an old Disney movie but I could be wrong. But what I do remember and what I'm trying to find is there was a little short movie thing at the beginning of it. I remember that it was in black and white, there was a guy (salesman) walking down the line of these old, wrecked and busted up cars and was telling about all of their features and what great deals they were. The cars were all in the 50's/60's range. It was kind of like a spoof on used car salesmen. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I could be wrong about so much of this as I was only like 9 or 10 at the time but I'd LOVE to watch this again....whatever it is. Lol

Had so much fun re watching "Dad... Can I Barrow the Car", I had to go searching to see if I can hopefully find a clearer copy released on DVD. And it turns out Disney has released this on DVD. Searched the web. The best price I found was from a vendor selling through Amazon. Paid a little under $17 with shipping. I'll let you guys know after I get it, if the DVD is any better than what's shown on YouTube. I'm guessing it will be.

Scott

Speaking of drivers ed films, the best or worst, depending on how you look at it, is still Signal 30. This is a pretty gruesome film where they had camera men go out to accidents with the Ohio Highway Patrol back in late 1959. Amazing footage. Not for the weak of heart or stomach. I have it on a DVD with some other lame early drivers ed films. But it's also on YouTube.

Scott

Speaking of drivers ed films, the best or worst, depending on how you look at it, is still Signal 30. This is a pretty gruesome film where they had camera men go out to accidents with the Ohio Highway Patrol back in late 1959. Amazing footage. Not for the weak of heart or stomach. I have it on a DVD with some other lame early drivers ed films. But it's also on YouTube.

Scott

Wow, that was intense. Very interesting though!

On another note, did you see that custom '58 Impala?

Apparently the vendor I purchased "Dad... Can I Barrow the Cars" through Amazon, is over in St.Paul, MN. So I already got the DVD today! Talk about quick service! And yes, the DVD is a lot clearer and sharper than the copy on YouTube.

Yea Greg, I too noticed the custom '58 Impala in Signal 30. Another car that stands out in this film for me is the '60 Dodge Dart. This has has a copyright of 1959. Obviously the guy driving the Dart didn't get much time to enjoy it!

Scott