Model Cars Magazine Forum

1:25 - 1993 Texas DPS State Trooper Mustang LX w/ Lights

Eye4Detail78

only question I have is where did you get the resin 10 holes from? and what rubber did you slip on them as they look much wider !

i was so happy when revell came out with the new lx notch for it has the 10 hole wheels and it has motivated me to build a 1/25 scale 85/ 86 gt 5.0

the resin ones look so much nicer!

any info would be great

MsDano85gt,

The resin 10-holes came from Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland, 410.768.3648. The downfall is that these have been discontinued quite some time ago but I called in hopes that they would have another set laying around somewhere and he said he had a few more sets but did not have anymore centercaps (photoetched) with the "Ford" logo (beyond the set that they sold me). He mentioned that he did still have some with blank caps though. I would call and just ask if you are interested and see what he can do for you.

The tires are BF Goodwich soft rubber tires from Ma's Resin. You can do a search for his online store and can go over the tire options.

I will admit that these wheels and tires are wider then stock but felt at the end of the day that it would be better to have a more accurate wheel diameter and tire sidewall, plus I wanted to paint the centercaps a very slightly darker shade of the aluminum as they are on the real vehicle and this made it easy since they come as a seperate piece. These also have the valve stems which added another level of detail I was looking for. Hope this helps.

An 85/86 GT would be awesome!! Hope you are able to build one...would love to follow the build!