Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sox & Martin 70 Cuda

B-Ram

I don't know exactly how many 1970 Barracuda's Sox & Martin had...one had red bumpers, one had chrome bumpers and there were other differences, so they had at least 2, 3 or maybe more, pictures of the cars both from the time and restored cars are available on internet so do a google search on Sox & Martin and you will for sure find some.

They raced Barracuda's in Pro Stock 1970, 1971 and 1972 as well as Duster's 1970, 1971, 1972 and 1973, drivers were Ronnie Sox, Herb McCandless, Don Carlton, Joe Fisher and some more and each driver had their own number on the cars (Ronnie Sox had number 200 on the Pro Stock cars he drove 1970, number 4 1971, number 23 1972 and number 200 again 1973).

Edited by Force

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Everything I've read about S&M, they always refer to the "blue" blocks. Don't know, never seen one, or failed to notice, but it has been reported that it was a trademark of Jake King, the engine builder for S&M, that he painted his blocks blue. Rumor? I'd say "google" sox & martin - jake king hemi's and read on, there has to be an answer.

Jake did indeed use Ford Blue.

All of the vintage magazines I have show the blue Hemis.

This was a topic recently on the Sox & Martin face book page that many for the former team members are part of along with Diane Sox herself.

Edited by caine440

Thanks Gene. Compared to when I was young, there is so much more in the way of tools and materials available to help make a good looking model. I remember when I first started detailing models, we would use sewing thread for spark plug wires. Things sure have changed in 40 years.

Bill

Looking good Bill! You just need to run the picture files through some kind of photo software so you can adjust them before you post them, they're not 'that' bad, but,.......

The interior looks good but could use some silve/chrome detail to 'lighten' it up, it's very dark in there.

The body looks good from here. I've never done a multi-colored body before, (I have one in the planning stages for a Miss Deal Studebaker) have you encountered any problems? .

Looking good on the build Bill, Merry Christmas! And, Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Speedfreak

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the comments.

No real problems. I did have a small amount of seepage under one section of masking tape. I'm sure I just didn't get that area of tape down well. Yes, I plan to add some chrome to the interior.

Merry Christmas to you and to everyone on this site.

Bill

Hi All,

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Well the basic paint is down on the body. I am not very happy with results. Too much seepage under the edge of the tape. I used a good quality 3m masking tape, but I am sure there is something better on the market for models. I am using this as a learning process as I am just getting back into building. I would look forward to any suggestions for masking edges. So onward we go. :rolleyes:

post-14482-0-55893800-1419716660_thumb.j

post-14482-0-36666200-1419716695_thumb.j

post-14482-0-69582400-1419716725_thumb.j

post-14482-0-81746800-1419716745_thumb.j

Bill