Model Cars Magazine Forum

STEVE SCOTT ,A.KA . [ UNCERTAIN T ]

• 10 months later...

A couple of comments

1) The Monogram Uncertain T was actually a pretty cool kit, other than the body casting which was compromised in its execution.

2) I did an article on this kit for Model Cars a number of years back....unfortunately about 1/2 the article and photos/captions were not printed in the mag at the time.

3) The coolest part of the kit was the fuel injected Buick Nailhead, but the new Nailhead in the upcoming Revell '29! blows the Uncertain T kit Nailhead outa the water!

4) Roger Harney personally told me a number of years back that the tooling for the Uncertain T was scrapped at some point in the past.

Best Regards...TIM

This is a super old thread, and sorry for bumping it back to the top - but do you recall which issue of Model Cars this article was in Tim?  I wanna read it!

This is a super old thread, and sorry for bumping it back to the top - but do you recall which issue of Model Cars this article was in Tim?  I wanna read it!

James - I looked for it and could not find it....I need to do a deeper search.  I remember being really frustrated, though, as much of my article submission was not used in the final magazine layout, for some unexplained reason.  It appeared some time in the mid-late 2000's, I believe.  I'll let you know if I find it.  TIM  

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Im new to the board and kindly like to introduce myself.  I have been a model builder for over 40 years.    My career has given me the skills to create models on the computer and I am currently building this model on the computer to see how it translates to a 3d print.    Thanks to "CabDriver" to get me going on building this project.  I'm having a blast!

Mike

UncertainT_Yellow_001.jpg

UncertainT_Yellow_002.jpg

UncertainT_Yellow_003.jpg

Edited by 3dscaleparts

I know this is an acient thread, but I felt compelled to comment.

These old show cars always fascinate me. Whatever happened to all of the cars featured in magazines like Hot Rod and Car Craft? I'd love to see an issue dedicated to these former stars. 

It brings up questions though. If this Steve Scott guy is so gung ho about this car and preserving the legacy or whatever, why not show the car? And if he doesn;t have it anymore, why not? If the car was that special to him, why get rid of it? Makes zero sense to me.

Anyway, at the end of the day, I think this particular car is fugly and I would have zero interest in a kit. But the story of these things really does interest me.

• 7 months later...

Scott is kind of a nut, he's been talking about the car and blah blah blah for YEARS, like DECADES years.The car is long gone, the model is long gone and Steve Scott is kind of , well despised and pitied in the real hot rod world. Consensus is he's just full of.......something.

On 4/23/2018 at 10:33 PM, Mr mopar said:

The car has to be one of the ugliest show rod made .the  guy sounds like a wack job !

3 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

No, not by a long shot. :wacko:

I gotta agree. George Barris really is the king of ugly customs. 

3 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

No, not by a long shot. :wacko:

Hard-Hat-Hauler-George-Barris-with-model-.jpg

rClgfyy.jpg

The top one, a forklift hot rod with (is it) Kennedy on the wheel covers, was that made for a presidentail campaign or something?

The bottom one must be the inspiration behind that Werid-ohs hot rod of an outhouse.:lol:

1 hour ago, Atmobil said:

The top one, a forklift hot rod with (is it) Kennedy on the wheel covers, was that made for a presidentail campaign or something?

The Hard Hat Hauler. It had Kennedy, Reagan (then Governor of California) Spiro Agnew (then Vice-President) and Edmund Muskie (a Senator from Maine who ran for VP in 68).  Meant to tie into the rising "hard-hats" political movement of the early 70's (basically the anti-hippies).    

http://www.barris.com/carsgallery/noveltyproduct/hardhathauler.php

Edited by Brett Barrow

3 hours ago, Brett Barrow said:

The Hard Hat Hauler. It had Kennedy, Reagan (then Governor of California) Spiro Agnew (then Vice-President) and Edmund Muskie (a Senator from Maine who ran for VP in 68).  Meant to tie into the rising "hard-hats" political movement of the early 70's (basically the anti-hippies).    

http://www.barris.com/carsgallery/noveltyproduct/hardhathauler.php

It was also just completely restored for comedian / vantriliquist Jeff Dunham who has an impressive collection. B)

Edited by Dennis Lacy

Steve Scott 's Uncertain T was an iconic show car in its day. I believe that he was shown a cartoon drawing of a custom T and decided to actually make it. I built the Monogram kit say back in the Sixties I think when it was first released. Never been reissued as far as I know. Tooling destroyed maybe? I still have the article from Model Car Science in a folder somewhere about the car itself and how to convert it into a milk truck! History now. Steve Scott must be in his late 70s or in his 80e by now. I have never heard of him building any other full size custom show cars however.

An earlier post in this thread showed the Outhouse and Bathtime Buggy show rods There was a small set of kits by Eldon many years back. They kitted both these if I remember correctly along with the Pink Panthermobile, and a custom Milk Truck, plus a twin engined car named The Invader. There may have been one of two more that I cannot remember.

Edited by Bugatti Fan

On 4/23/2018 at 3:07 PM, bobthehobbyguy said:

Just looked at the uncertain t page by Steve Scott. Been more than a year since the last update. Webpage is also been broken for a while. He has a Facebook page but I don't do Facebook .

Does any body know any more information on this project?

Steve reposted someone's Wi. NNL coverage on his page last week,  but is otherwise incognito. He may have been shamed into hiding after he bragged he was designing new type of tooling for injection molding at home and nothing happened. I got tired of him when his page became a place for him to vent about his illnesses. I'm glad I didn't give him $50 to reserve one of his not-gonna-happen kits. 

Edited by Draggon