Model Cars Magazine Forum

STEVE SCOTT ,A.KA . [ UNCERTAIN T ]

I've had enough of him & this ridiculious, pathetic, ongoing soap opera revolving around this car, ya, it was neat a long, long time ago, now, it's enough - obviously he's just trying to recapture his 15 minutes of past glory & keep from being obsolete & face further financial ruin, using the one & only hotrod he ever built a long time ago as bait. One thing that is certain, he's dillusional. ......I really don't find it that terrific anymore -good luck to those that lay out $$$ for "Pre-orders" ............ I'll pass.He doesn't even own the car anymore & the guy who does, wants nothing to do with him; I'm pretty sure there's a good reason.

Edited by Krazy Rick

Yeah ... I don't think I'm gonna beg to join a closed group so that he might, maybe, someday consider me worthy of buying a kit of his car. At least he's not still putting out there, front and center, all the things that would cause you to be considered "Not His Friend".

I will buy one when he produces them. I looked at his "sponser " page. Too much pie in the sky. For example 5 grand for cargo containers just looked at ebay and you can get them far. 2 grand.. For what he wants to do crowdfunding would work the best. However you have to have a real plan to do it not not the gradiose plans he has laid out. Wish him all the luck in the world

The Uncertain T was a classic in its day. I think it would be wonderful if it was reissued although I think prior to that Monogram would have to examine the original contract to figure out who owned the design and the intellectual property of the name. If the rights were signed over for the use of model kits, I see this kit being recreated and reissued. If not, or the original contract can not be found, this kit WILL NEVER be reissued. Just too much baggage to deal with.

The girl is available in resin :rolleyes:

All this talk about a car that may not even exist, may not have existed since 1969, the last time it was shown. Hmmm... :D Maybe the real car was never built by Steve...maybe it was built by aliens who used Steve as a front :lol:

FYI...I still have my Uncertain T from 1966 and the trophy and recently sold my spare built-up.

actually the entire kit is available in resin, including (but actually purchased separately) the stand, trophy and girl. regularly sold on ebay out of Australia and the casting is not the greatest especially on the small delicate pieces like the trophy figurines.

guess what, for 25$ each even on speculation, I am in, for 2 of them. evidently judging from the email I just got back from them I am order number 40 so someone is buying them, that would seem to be since yesterday. even if it does flake out this promises to be an interesting gamble. certainly better than some dog catcher thingamabob.

but a dog catcher thingamabob in the hand is worth at least a couple of these in the bushes.

jb

actually the entire kit is available in resin, including (but actually purchased separately) the stand, trophy and girl. regularly sold on ebay out of Australia and the casting is not the greatest especially on the small delicate pieces like the trophy figurines.

guess what, for 25$ each even on speculation, I am in, for 2 of them. evidently judging from the email I just got back from them I am order number 40 so someone is buying them, that would seem to be since yesterday. even if it does flake out this promises to be an interesting gamble. certainly better than some dog catcher thingamabob.

but a dog catcher thingamabob in the hand is worth at least a couple of these in the bushes.

jb

If the kit comes out as it is now being talked about, $25 might cover the shipping cost, not the kit cost. One thread on another site has the kit being produced via 3D printing, which would cost a lot more than some people realize, probably more than an original kit on Ebay :huh: Don't hold your breath waiting for a new kit. I doubt it will happen. As for the resin copies from Australia, I know someone who bought one and was very displeased :( This whole subject is getting rather redundant :(

I hate that my first posting here has to be negative, but having tried to help the guy out when he first popped back up from wherever he has been for the last 40 years, I can say with "certainT" that "all new better than Monogram ever made Un-certainT kits" made by Steve Scott will never exist... its just his newest scam