Model Cars Magazine Forum

Meng F350 welding rig

Finished the oxygen bottle rack. Got the skirts on and frenched the liscence plate and cut out for the taillight. The front of the skirts will be rolled to match the contour of the cab after I make and install the fenders. 

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

• 2 months later...

Really powerful looking rig (but then, it is a FORD).  Really like the scratchbuilding you are doing.  Just wondering what is going to be put in the two holes right behind the cab.  I hope that is not for an acetylene bottle, acetylene bottles do not really like laying on their side; it causes all sorts of problems with the valves and other nasty things can happen.

Really powerful looking rig (but then, it is a FORD).  Really like the scratchbuilding you are doing.  Just wondering what is going to be put in the two holes right behind the cab.  I hope that is not for an acetylene bottle, acetylene bottles do not really like laying on their side; it causes all sorts of problems with the valves and other nasty things can happen.

they are for 2 oxygen bottles. The acetylene will be standing up on the passenger side. 

I did machine the bottles and build most of the Lincoln welder a while ago. The oxy bottles are short because you won't see most of them once they are in the rack. 

IMG_0438.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

Edited by zaina

• 3 weeks later...