Model Cars Magazine Forum

Meng F350 welding rig

This will be a long term project but I want to show where I've started. The bed will be replaced with a scratch built welding bed (similar to the one that I built for my Dodge Ram). The tires are from Chief Joseph and the wheels are from scenes unlimited. The wheels will need some work in order to widen them to fit in the big tires. Here is a quick mockup.

8F704429-5D9E-4BB8-93BA-139E2E2D6B33_zps

6C431FEC-6D3A-49BE-AC22-AB9C68F61278_zps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok. I decided to dig this one back out now that I have a place to work on models again. I never like how far the front tires stuck out so I machines the resin that came with the wheel kit and was able to move them in so they look right. This kit also has a forward rake that I didn't like so I machines 1/8" aluminum spacers for the front to level it out. I still need to order the other two tires and machine the spacers for the other duals. I also cut the frame off just behind the rear shackle mounts to give it more of a bobbed look(not pictured). Thanks for all the great comments everyone.  Here are a few updates pics

• 10 months later...