Model Cars Magazine Forum

Working on building the boxes. Not sure about the middle box yet. 

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

I'm curious. How did you make the radiused plates at the back corners?

I started with a rectangle and then trimmed the basic shape and then a lot of filling.

Finished the oxygen bottle rack. Got the skirts on and frenched the liscence plate and cut out for the taillight. The front of the skirts will be rolled to match the contour of the cab after I make and install the fenders. 

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

Skirts are rolled and fenders are on.  Also got most of the Hoosier pole made and rear bumper mocked up. 

IMG_0437.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

Really powerful looking rig (but then, it is a FORD).  Really like the scratchbuilding you are doing.  Just wondering what is going to be put in the two holes right behind the cab.  I hope that is not for an acetylene bottle, acetylene bottles do not really like laying on their side; it causes all sorts of problems with the valves and other nasty things can happen.

I hope this one is still ongoing

it's on the back burner for now

Really powerful looking rig (but then, it is a FORD).  Really like the scratchbuilding you are doing.  Just wondering what is going to be put in the two holes right behind the cab.  I hope that is not for an acetylene bottle, acetylene bottles do not really like laying on their side; it causes all sorts of problems with the valves and other nasty things can happen.

they are for 2 oxygen bottles. The acetylene will be standing up on the passenger side. 

I did machine the bottles and build most of the Lincoln welder a while ago. The oxy bottles are short because you won't see most of them once they are in the rack. 

IMG_0438.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

Edited by zaina

Wow ! I like your machined gas tanks. And the welder looks good as well.

Be Well

Gator

Now, that's some fantastic work.....I'm totally impressed with the use of various random materials chosen and what you've accomplished with them....Awesome.....