Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nacho Z's hobby room

I thought I would share some pictures of my hobby room / Earnhardt shrine. :D When I started back in this hobby I used a card table to build on. I moved to a home-made bench in a bare basement. The bench was next to the washer and dryer and all of the lint that comes with it. There was no heat. I would tack up an old bed spread from the floor joists to keep the lint out and the heat in. I did this for a number of years until I decided to make a dedicated room for my hobby. The room has evolved over the years and I have ran out of room for my goodies. These pictures were taken almost a year ago when I did my yearly cleaning and organizing. I am kind of a neat freak and keep my room pretty organized at all times.

Hope you all enjoy the pictures. I absolutely love this room and regret not spending more time in it.

This is the view as you open the door. Did you catch the ceiling tiles?

DSC00435-vi.jpg

Looking to the left.

DSC00455-vi.jpg

At bench, looking to the right.

DSC00457-vi.jpg

At the bench, looking back.

DSC00437-vi.jpg

DSC00438-vi.jpg

DSC00440-vi.jpg

I ran out of room inside the room so I had to move some kits to the outside..... ;)

DSC00442-vi.jpg

DSC00452-vi.jpg

Uhh WOWWWWWW !!!

• 11 months later...

x2

As I stated in my original post, I am a bit of a neat freak.  My little hobby room is about the only place that I have total control of the environment.  No one else really goes in there.  I vowed when I built it that I would keep it clean.  I do not want to have to step over c r a p on the floor to get to my bench nor do I want to waste time looking for a tool that is buried under clutter.  For me, it is just as easy to put a tool or a bottle of paint away as it is to leave it on the bench.  As far as building models, yup, I sure do.

Edited by Nacho Z