Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8 prepainted

80mirada

I built one of these and a Camaro for my grandkids a couple of weeks ago. Fun for all of us.

Only bad part is that it is difficult to press the wheels onto the axles to the point where they are straight and will stay on.

Edited by sfhess

Just recently obtained one of these myself. I like it. I got the Camaro also. Both have great paint, a bit more than a snap kit, but not to the level of a full detail kit. I sure hope Revell does more of these. I saw where a black/silver Camaro and orange Challenger are due out in Dec. sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

Just recently obtained one of these myself. I like it. I got the Camaro also. Both have great paint, a bit more than a snap kit, but not to the level of a full detail kit. I sure hope Revell does more of these. I saw where a black/silver Camaro and orange Challenger are due out in Dec. sometime.

I looked over the purple Challenger today and the body looked good to my eyes, at least as far as I could tell through the "window." I couldn't see any mold lines under the paint, so that's definitely a step up over the old AMT pre-finished kits at least. I think Revell has a good thing going with this series.

Odd thing I discovered about my Challenger kit. It has the chassis for the Camaro included instead of the correct Challenger chassis. I emailed Revell and it was confirmed my kit received the wrong chassis by mistake. Al Klockowski from Revell was very helpful and provided a means for me to obtain a replacement correct chassis at no charge. Only trouble, their parts replacement service doesn't yet have any spare parts in stock for these kits. Reckon I'll have to be patient until spare parts for these kits are stocked.

• 1 month later...

Just bought two of these today ,don't like the white stripes so I removed them with finger nail polish remover,now that looks much better

All plum crazy looks awesome,getting ready for Revell's car hauler all Challengers .

My Sister's '14 R/T Classic is Plum Crazy, it is a really nice color on those, and I found Testors One Coat Purplicious lacquer is a near match for this new version of Plum Crazy too.