Model Cars Magazine Forum

Zingers! Buggy

geetee66

My last few builds have been a bit of a brain-fry, so I decided to have a bit more fun with kit building.

These Zingers really captured my imagination and the more I found out about the original creations, the more I wanted to build the whole set.

Next, I'll build the Super Drag Zinger and the VW Beetle Zinger (got an original kit on eBay for $20, as Round 2 don't seem to have licencing rights to the Beetle)

It was a lot of fun...except the point where I discovered the printed instructions were wrong, and the valley-cover is on the wrong way round, meaning the magneto is at the wrong end of the engine.

I wigged-out about this, screwed-up the instruction sheet and ranted about it for 10 minutes, but it's actually no real problem. I just wanted to build it like the photos.

I added plug wires and fuel lines and swapped the kit rear tyres for some SATCO M/T Sportsman's I had lying around in my parts box.

I also added a bit of clear acetate for the 'screen.

I hope this makes you smile...

IMG_7935_zps04c48829.jpg

IMG_7926_zpsa2f0a279.jpg

IMG_7932_zps8f2a5a4a.jpg

IMG_7930_zps2c8f2d2a.jpg

Thanks for looking

Very nice. I did mine in purple to match my AMT Meyer's Manx. And I agree, Zingers are fun to build. For some reason I did not have the problems you had. My only question is, would air scoop work facing that direction they show. I built mine that way too. But, it just doesn't seem quite right to me.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

Very nice. I did mine in purple to match my AMT Meyer's Manx. And agree, Zingers are fun to build. For some reason I did not have the problems you had. My only question is, would air scoop work facing that direction they show. I built mine that way too. But, it just doesn't seem quite right to me.

Scott

Ah, yes. I thought about that.

It's probably to prevent sand or the driver's hat being sucked into the engine!